Tim's Time's Up

HeliX

47 minutes ago, asitis said:

I note that some of the houses on the Dandara development at Ballasalla have signs advertising their rental by Dandara. I'm not sure how this can work as a strategy for the good of the housing needs, developers being landlords for their unsold !

Again how this helps the young get on the housing ladder is beyond me !

We need to solve the retention of young people, but Government seem to think developers are the answer, they clearly are not or we wouldn't have the problem of affordable first time buyers houses in the first place.

Developers are not philanthropists, if Government can get that in their heads we might see a way forward.

I think investor purchase the properties and the developer will let and manage on their behalf (for a fee of course). They act as agents. IOMG have created these conditions for this to happen, but in doing something they will punish every developer, builder and private landlord, due the actions of the few.

Edited by 2112

11 minutes ago, daisy said:

Dandara have quite a large rental portfolio = it is skewing figures to their advantage. They do the same in the Channel Islands

When we first moved back, I rented a Dandara house from one of the directors and was told by the guy who dealt with stuff that he looked after 30 odd properties for the guy.  That was in 2002. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

When we first moved back, I rented a Dandara house from one of the directors and was told by the guy who dealt with stuff that he looked after 30 odd properties for the guy.  That was in 2002. 

I would say its been an excellent way to hedge against inflation , and not only are you getting the rental income but your asset  the property is increasing in value in leaps and bounds , and if you had the right kind or Mortgage or loan a few years  ago you would only be paying peppercorns in interest , 

some clever people about , but Government always looks after its friends !

22 minutes ago, daisy said:

Dandara have quite a large rental portfolio = it is skewing figures to their advantage. They do the same in the Channel Islands

Yes...both Commercial and Residential.

5 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Daisy - this is the concrete jungle you fear...apart from around Douglas there's not much grey in The Overall Scheme Of Things is there?
image.thumb.png.645bd82ddd40f32912d5db4ef64c756b.png

Doesnt mean we have to ruin the Island just because we can - or developers tell us to...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Keep digging - you have just tried to justify telling someone not from here to go back home - take a look in the mirror if you like what you see take a minute and look again- you’ll see the same racist as before only this time you’ve tried to justify your cuntness by defending yourself.

FYI - refer to the the last two census results you might find if Manx born to 2 Manx parents you yourself are an ethnic minority - best of luck reconciling that one 😂

are exclusion orders issued by courts  racist ?

• Like 1