Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

43 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

No, not social housing.... it's mid-market properties owned/managed by housing associations that's needed. All it needs is government willingness to do something about it and assist the HAs with start-ups.

agreed and stop genuflecting to developers !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

No, not social housing.... it's mid-market properties owned/managed by housing associations that's needed. All it needs is government willingness to do something about it and assist the HAs with start-ups.

Sadly IOMG are wedded in the past, the days of IOMG controls (resistance to change), Douglas Corporation owning the council stock, and it being operated and managed as though they were in a time warp. IOMG won’t allow RSLs/HAs to set up here. 

As I have mentioned before, what would be successful is many mixed tenure housing - affordable, rent to buy, shared ownership and shared equity. Again IOMG aren’t forward thinking, they still think it’s 1972. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Banker said:

We need both plus flats 

We need a mixture, to suit different circumstances, individual and family. We need to be catering to those who want to get onto the property ladder - shared ownership, shared equity and rent to buy etc. It’s sad that IOMG are very devoid of original thought, unable to think outside the box, rely on consultants and aren’t able to be creative in finding low cost solutions. It’s not helped with any new ideas being vetted by Daffy and the Eco Loons for their approval. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

Sadly IOMG are wedded in the past, the days of IOMG controls (resistance to change), Douglas Corporation owning the council stock, and it being operated and managed as though they were in a time warp. IOMG won’t allow RSLs/HAs to set up here. 

As I have mentioned before, what would be successful is many mixed tenure housing - affordable, rent to buy, shared ownership and shared equity. Again IOMG aren’t forward thinking, they still think it’s 1972. 

Legislation for Housing Associations is already in place, so it can be done.

Well he is certainly breaking a lot of eggs….if Hooper is short term..to provide stability..a contradiction in itself I wonder who the poor sucker is that Alfie has in his sights to take over the poisoned challis ?    My advice to them would be DON’T DO IT you are putting yourself up to fail.

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Well he is certainly breaking a lot of eggs….if Hooper is short term..to provide stability..a contradiction in itself I wonder who the poor sucker is that Alfie has in his sights to take over the poisoned challis ?    My advice to them would be DON’T DO IT you are putting yourself up to fail.

Well if he doesn’t want to move Ministers then I would expect either Ann Corlett or Clare Christian as no one else 

I would suggest Alf takes the bull, by the horns and makes Jane Poole Wilson the DHSC Minister with both Corlett and Christian only as members. That would be solid I reckon.

His letter to the Standards Committee seems straightforward but of course the investigation and the potential outcomes have been prejudiced or compromised by the media comments from the three members involved.  He should have told them to make no further press statements following the. announcement to refer which was agreed in Tynwald.

Poor showing.

17 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Legislation for Housing Associations is already in place, so it can be done.

Hmmmmm let’s see what happens. Many Housing Associations in the UK, develop general social housing schemes, which include shared ownership. Perhaps IOMG could speak to a larger Housing Associations in Merseyside, like for example Riverside (Merseyside and Northwest).