Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

7 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Noticed a comment somewhere that they were already "considering the value of the conference" even before this one was held so my guess is the numbers are pretty abysmal. 

If you look at the recent surveys and opinion polls nobody has a blind bit of interest in anything any of them have to say. They don’t intend listening to the public either so why would anyone bother engaging in a one-sided ego fest? I believe though that the sixth forms are being actively corralled and special buses are being put on so that they can fill the venue out. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News

5 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

If you look at the recent surveys and opinion polls nobody has a blind bit of interest in anything any of them have to say. They don’t intend listening to the public either so why would anyone bother engaging in a one-sided ego fest? I believe though that the sixth forms are being actively corralled and special buses are being put on so that they can fill the venue out. 

Well that'll teach 'em. Now you can vote at 16 you are damned well going to have to participate in democracy whether you like it or not. 🥱

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

There is as a Youth Conference on Wednesday for 6th Form and College students.

It looks like it was thrown together last minutes as it wasn't mentioned before in the information.  I suspect they booked the Villa for both days and invented this after they decided to make the Wednesday evening-only.  Despite all the pronouncements of 'engagement', rather than just expand the Conference into the evening , so daytime workers had some input, they actually cut back on the total number of hours involved and then realised they had nothing on.

There were quite a few students/sixth-formers around last year on the Wednesday morning, seemingly from classes that studied relevant subjects such as politics or economics.  I wonder if their scheduling meant the groups weren't able to be there at other times and this has been invented to keep the numbers up.

15 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Noticed a comment somewhere that they were already "considering the value of the conference" even before this one was held so my guess is the numbers are pretty abysmal. 

I have to confess I looked at the schedule and most of it was pretty meh! If it was a party conference with party members voting then it would have the potential to bring about change. What is this for? We already have a national boradcaster to inform us of the diktats of the glorious leader and his unelected cronies. We know they never listen to the GMP and plough on regardless with vanity money-pit projects.

The event itself is a vanity money-pit project. An absolute waste of resources.

• Like 6

The NPM (MR) has TimJo interview and he says ‘ideal opportunity to speak to Government Ministers and potentially constituency MHKs’. So is this event a taxpayer funded MHK incubator, to weed out the wrong MHK material and encourage the  ‘right’ type of potential candidate? 

I find it incredible that the island is in a mess, and yet again IOMG are obsessing and throwing resources at this event - CM Cannans brainchild?, yet due to the extraordinary long length of holidays that the HOK/Tynpotwald nothing will be addressed, debated least of all legislated upon. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 2112 said:

The NPM (MR) has TimJo interview and he says ‘ideal opportunity to speak to Government Ministers and potentially constituency MHKs’. So is this event a taxpayer funded MHK incubator, to weed out the wrong MHK material and encourage the  ‘right’ type of potential candidate? 

I find it incredible that the island is in a mess, and yet again IOMG are obsessing and throwing resources at this event - CM Cannans brainchild?, yet due to the extraordinary long length of holidays that the HOK/Tynpotwald nothing will be addressed, debated least of all legislated upon. 

Assuming you will be there to tell Alf etc what you think?

45 minutes ago, Banker said:

Assuming you will be there to tell Alf etc what you think?

Are you going to attend? 

Maybe you can buy him a drink or two and praise him and his merry gang, massaging their ego of how well they are doing, telling him it’s so unfair of all the criticism and brickbats he has to put up with. All those nasty ill informed comments from dissenters on social media. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Are you going to attend? 

Maybe you can buy him a drink or two and praise him and his merry gang, massaging their ego of how well they are doing, telling him it’s so unfair of all the criticism and brickbats he has to put up with. All those nasty ill informed comments from dissenters on social media. 

Yes, I will attend & ask questions if I want to know something, assume you would rather criticise anonymously 

• Like 1