Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

17 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

This negativity and lack of understanding is doing my head in.

You're quite new here, aren't you? Don't worry. It becomes white noise eventually. Definitely ignore those particularly deranged souls who have moved away but feel compelled to return here and continue moaning about the place. They are trying to justify a poor relocation decision to themselves.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KERED said:

On The Mannin Line, today, Quirky was praising the performance of Alfie, at the Villa "gig" yesterday.

(He added that, because Alf had hurt his back, he was lying PRONE in his chair!)

PRONE means lying FACE DOWN.

Any ideas as to HOW, Alf hurt his back? 🤣

Doing something perhaps that he shouldn't have been doing? 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KERED said:

On The Mannin Line, today, Quirky was praising the performance of Alfie, at the Villa "gig" yesterday.

(He added that, because Alf had hurt his back, he was lying PRONE in his chair!)

Loads of ideas.

Doubtful of Alf hurting his back doing anything manual, when he can get flunkies to the job. 

Perhaps he fell off his chair in a pub having read an email from one of his COMIN colleagues.

Edited by 2112
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KERED said:

He was certainly moving around very gingerly and slowly at the Villa yesterday.  I suppose MR didn't want to describe him as being supine as the word has the secondary (and common) meaning of being "weak and willing to accept the control of others"  or "failing to act or protest as a result of moral weakness or indolence".  Which might lead some to ask how that is different from normal.

(I'm not really sure that you can be described as lying flat in a chair anyway, but that's MR for you).

Quirky’s overview of the Conference certainly lacked detail apart from giving the guy who stood in for Julie, she is sick , a poor for presentation without mentioning what was mentioned in the presentation but was very fulsome in his praise for Alf, with twisted back, he managed to go on for quite a while without sharing any actual information at all apart from the fact there was 60 people in the Royal Hall which in its self does not  show much public interest.   Perhaps if they had got a Drag Queen to do the presentation there would have been more interest.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2112 said:

Interesting report on the NPM (MR) from the former IOMG economist John Webster, who concludes that the number of over 65s in age persons has risen by 1400. He also says that the type of people moving here don’t need a job. I’m sure that will help to pay for the civil service pensions. 

I suppose most pensioners pay income tax.

On 9/21/2023 at 6:36 PM, CrazyDave said:

Because they have the whole of Lord Street to do that with when it’s flattened and DBC already own the land.

Hopefully the housing associating will be up and running soon and make this the top of their list

I understand the Lord Street flats site would be very expensive to develop.