Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

33 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

All jobs are listed in the order they were advertised on the government job page.

It is incredibly easy to see how “old” a listing is.

It's not how long the listing has been posted for but if the job is a newly created position that no other person has done before, or if the job has become vacant due to someone retiring/leaving that same job. 

Would anyone like to take a guess as to how many people attended Chairman Alfs solidarity roadshows?

What was the cost of these roadshows I wonder?  £1000 per attendee?

At least it was better than the 9 who turned up for the island plan roadshows! 

Screenshot_2024-07-18-15-08-53-69_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Edited by cissolt
Typo

Just now, cissolt said:

Would anyone like to take a guess as to how many people attending Chairman Alfs solidarity roadshows?

Alfs back patting island plan quarterly update can be found here:

https://islandplan.im/media/2lmfkqma/final-our-island-plan-quarterly-report-1-_compressed.pdf

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

Would anyone like to take a guess as to how many people attended Chairman Alfs solidarity roadshows?

The greater proportion of whom will be untrusting local authorities and third sector wanting to keep tabs on what he is up to. 
Sad really 

2 hours ago, english zloty said:

Shame it’s mainly made up bollocks really 🤔 

Less than 1% of the population cared enough to attend. That should tell the people in charge that what they are pursuing is not in the best interests of the people 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Less than 1% of the population cared enough to attend. That should tell the people in charge that what they are pursuing is not in the best interests of the people 

It never was, they're only interested in keeping their salary/pension rolling in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

Some of them leading from the top are going to get a nasty shock at the next election I have never known such anger and distrust from the community towards any previous governments.

I agree and been saying this for along time. A massive cull but just watch the squirming nearer the time to try and hold onto the gravy train.

7 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I agree and been saying this for along time. A massive cull but just watch the squirming nearer the time to try and hold onto the gravy train.

The fact is that IoM government and politics induces apathy and disinterest from many in the population. A combination of lack of policy and poor candidates at election time; the paucity of real debate after; the slow, slow progress of any initiative proposed; the lack of any real change or dynamic impact from the actions of any particular politician and the irrelevant and somewhat foolish adherence to silly costumes and titles breeds indifference and disengagement. Sure, some of the more ridiculous incumbents might fail to be re-elected but on the whole, the same charade continues. Anger is very much confined to the fringes. 

• Like 5

On 7/17/2024 at 11:13 AM, Roger Ram said:

New positions?  Are you sure?

At least another 10 in the last 2 days on my FB feed (the order in which I see them). Whether new, or backfill, they’re popping up at a rate which says to me “quick get them done before the headcount review becomes troublesome “.  This also means that the CS continues to grow. Which isn’t really the same as “getting a grip over”. 
Thank you for your concern 

• Like 2

I think all Island voting would help it is frustrating when you have no one you think is suitable in your constituency but see people in other constituencies whom you think would be good and make a difference.   The Island is small enough for candidates to make themselves and their ideas known.    I have always voted but if the same clowns stand next time around I won’t be.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, finlo said:

It never was, they're only interested in keeping their salary/pension rolling in.

Nah, this is about Cannan softening the place up for some lovely privatisation.

It’ll cost more and be worse, but his mates in Athol Street will make a killing.

We’ve already seen it with the development corporation, which is nothing but a vehicle to shovel taxpayer cash into the back pockets of a select group of hand-picked property developers.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, english zloty said:

At least another 10 in the last 2 days on my FB feed (the order in which I see them). Whether new, or backfill, they’re popping up at a rate which says to me “quick get them done before the headcount review becomes troublesome “.  This also means that the CS continues to grow. Which isn’t really the same as “getting a grip over”. 
Thank you for your concern 

How do you conclude that the CS is growing?