Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

1 hour ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

But you legally can consume alcohol before driving provided that you consume less than the legal driving limit. 

You’re right, but it’s a lot easier not to get into a motor vehicle (unless your a passenger in a private vehicle or a taxi) having had an alcoholic drink, no matter how much one consumes. I think in this case, involving a high profile person, I would suggest, it doesn’t set a good example to people or reinforce behaviour?

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, littlebushy said:

Alf needs to get an electric vehicle 😉

they  feel the front brakes they get almost as hot as an engine ,  no getting away with it  and some new cars will tell you where they have just been and the time  if the sat nav has been used ,

8 hours ago, 2112 said:

You’re right, but it’s a lot easier not to get into a motor vehicle (unless your a passenger in a private vehicle or a taxi) having had an alcoholic drink, no matter how much one consumes. I think in this case, involving a high profile person, I would suggest, it doesn’t set a good example to people or reinforce behaviour?

Seriously? So you suggest that a legal drink driving limit should apply to everyone else but Alf Cannan purely because you don’t like Alf Cannan? The fact that the debate has now shifted to this is simply ridiculous. So I can get in my car today and have a pint and legally drive because I will be under the legal drive drive limit but Alf can’t just because he’s CM? Your logic literally makes no sense at all. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Seriously? So you suggest that a legal drink driving limit should apply to everyone else but Alf Cannan purely because you don’t like Alf Cannan? The fact that the debate has now shifted to this is simply ridiculous. So I can get in my car today and have a pint and legally drive because I will be under the legal drive drive limit but Alf can’t just because he’s CM? Your logic literally makes no sense at all. 

If you wish to have a pint and then get into a motor vehicle and proceed to drive, it’s fine if you are under the proscribed limit. Me personally wouldn’t do that, I would either get a taxi or ask someone to pick me up. My driving licence means a lot to me. 

I don’t dislike Alf Cannan personally but he has made a complete mess of things, and certainly wasn’t the person he portrayed himself when he first entered the HoK. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

If you wish to have a pint and then get into a motor vehicle and proceed to drive, it’s fine if you are under the proscribed limit. Me personally wouldn’t do that, I would either get a taxi or ask someone to pick me up. My driving licence means a lot to me. 

I was once stop by the DOI and Police at St John's to check my van, the police officer in a nasty mood told me my tyres were barely legal, so I answered, so they are legal then, even more aggressively and right in my face with his finger waving stated, they are barely legal, so a said they are legal then. The DOI gentleman took the Policeman to one side and told him, they are either legal or illegal. The Police then said the next time I see you, I will pull you over to check your changed your tyres. I looked at the DOI gentleman, who just shrugged his shoulders, and let me on my way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

certainly wasn’t the person he portrayed himself when he first entered the HoK

Oh he is- he’s always been a jumped up King Bills Tory, the sort who doesn’t consider rules to apply to him. It’s the way they breed them at that school.

Your logic literally makes no sense at all

Look at the abuse Frank got when he legally parked his car in a place he was legally allowed to park his car in. Especially from you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Look at the abuse Frank got when he legally parked his car in a place he was legally allowed to park his car in. Especially from you.

Oh another holier than though raging forum nutter. No I haven’t abused anyone for their parking skills as far as I’m aware. Many people on this forum are literally pathetic. Spread a rumour (wrongly) that he got done for DD and that he resisted arrest etc. When proved that this is bullshit now everyone has gone all pious about having a drink and driving even if you are under the limit. What a sad bunch of hypocrites we have here that just shift the debate every-time they’re made to look stupid. The whole lot of you deserve to get sued into next week for the absolute shite you regurgitate. But for good measure let’s just make this about a Douglas Councillor again as that is the only thing that nobody seems to be able to spread rumours (false of not) about on this forum. As far as I’m concerned Alf was shown to be under the limit and that’s it despite whatever moral debate Lord and Lady Whiteadder might now want to concoct. 

• Like 1

Arguing with yourself again 😂

• Haha 1

Your logic literally makes no sense at all. 

33 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Oh another holier than though raging forum nutter.

34 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Many people on this forum are literally pathetic

34 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

What a sad bunch of hypocrites we have here

35 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

The whole lot of you deserve to get sued into next week for the absolute shite you regurgitate.

Morning, Cueey - getting an early start today?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

50 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Morning, Cueey - getting an early start today?

It’s nice to see that you hang onto my every word whereas I literally could not care if I ever read another one of your bitter, sad, irrelevant, childish little posts again. 

• Haha 4

I used to get a bit riled up posting on here. Engaging in endless circular arguments until I realised that nobody really cares a jot what I write, the forum has quite a small reach, and so what the hell am I getting excited about. It amuses me now to see others still doing the same, particularly the venomous intrigues about sockpuppetry which are quite bizarre.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, woolley said:

I used to get a bit riled up posting on here. Engaging in endless circular arguments until I realised that nobody really cares a jot what I write, the forum has quite a small reach, and so what the hell am I getting excited about. It amuses me now to see others still doing the same, particularly the venomous intrigues about sockpuppetry which are quite bizarre.

I'm with you. I made a new years resolution this year. Pretty much stuck to it. I thought when Crazy Dave left it would get better. It has, but only a bit. Cueey Lewis, Banker and Jarndyce are still keeping up their childish antics. Oh well. Cant have it all