Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

2 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer, much the same as when it's booming.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded, 
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed, 
Everybody knows the war is over, 
Everybody knows the good guys lost, 
Everybody knows the fight was fixed, 
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich, 
That's how it goes, 
Everybody knows. 

Leonard Cohen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Pointless excercise unless you have someone to replace him with superior knowledge and leadership qualities which seem to be lacking in the present regime.

Step forward the prince, Sir Robert of Onchan. Come on Rob Callister MHK this is your chance to shine. I knew it would happen!

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded, 
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed, 
Everybody knows the war is over, 
Everybody knows the good guys lost, 
Everybody knows the fight was fixed, 
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich, 
That's how it goes, 
Everybody knows. 

Leonard Cohen

Give me crack and anal sex

Take the only tree that’s left and shove it in the hole in your culture

Leonard Cohen 

Edited by The Voice of Reason

I can see the February Tynpotwald sitting and the budget, being voted down, if Allinson doesn’t produce any rabbits out of the hat, or the magic money trees behind Government Offices, doesn’t bear fruit, especially the Southern MHKs if their campaign to keep Castletown Swimming Pool open. 

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I can see the February Tynpotwald sitting and the budget, being voted down, if Allinson doesn’t produce any rabbits out of the hat, or the magic money trees behind Government Offices, doesn’t bear fruit, especially the Southern MHKs if their campaign to keep Castletown Swimming Pool open. 

They will all vote for it because they are all complicit. Assurances will be given about remarkable growth projections, sheets being balanced to the nth degree and courses plotted to calm seas and lands of plenty. Just as it is every year since the calendars started.

So there will be nothing to vote against because they've all done such a good job. Only Alf used to rip into Budgets (Teare) in the past and those days are long gone.

• Like 2

I think that whatever CM Cannan is dreaming, may become his nightmare, especially if the Southern MHKs and others get their way. Yesterday in Tynpotwald, the Island Plan Annual Economic Report was brought up for discussion without having been on the register. The NPM say that Tynpotwald debated whether it should be laid before the house, and they debated for over an hour and a half. What a farce, and embarrassing too. I can see before long, a vote of no confidence, aping the Channel Islands. 

8 hours ago, 2112 said:

I can’t and if you do you’re living in crazy Dave territory!

27 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Could we have not registered "Lessons will be learnt" like we did the TT and receive payment from any government or huge corporation (post office England) that uses it. Or would we collecting most of the money from IOM PLC.

I think the UK or Scottish governments have registered it previously!

12 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

They will all vote for it because they are all complicit. Assurances will be given about remarkable growth projections, sheets being balanced to the nth degree and courses plotted to calm seas and lands of plenty. Just as it is every year since the calendars started.

So there will be nothing to vote against because they've all done such a good job. Only Alf used to rip into Budgets (Teare) in the past and those days are long gone.

I don’t think everyone voted last time. Or the time before (although it did get a majority) 

If I ever said 'lessons have been learned' I was being ironic. 

For the record I think Alf Cannan is a good Chief Minister, but he has to work under the constraints of a democratic system. As BDFL I wouldn't be subject to any laws or limitations, and only require a small personal security army. And a Learjet. And a company Bentley.