Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

2 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

If I ever said 'lessons have been learned' I was being ironic. 

For the record I think Alf Cannan is a good Chief Minister, but he has to work under the constraints of a democratic system. As BDFL I wouldn't be subject to any laws or limitations, and only require a small personal security army. And a Learjet. And a company Bentley.

And the continuation of the free parking, obviously...

43 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

If I ever said 'lessons have been learned' I was being ironic. 

For the record I think Alf Cannan is a good Chief Minister, but he has to work under the constraints of a democratic system. As BDFL I wouldn't be subject to any laws or limitations, and only require a small personal security army. And a Learjet. And a company Bentley.

What about a small fluffy white cat, with a diamond necklace around its neck? 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Wasn't Julie Edge in favour of zero based budgets? In that case DESC should have started with 'maintenance of Southern Pool' as one of the things to be funded every year.

Zero based budgets was Beecrofts suggestion, she seemed to be quite a good politician aside from the conflict of interest when she was in health.

4 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Zero based budgets was Beecrofts suggestion, she seemed to be quite a good politician aside from the conflict of interest when she was in health.

Definitely Kate's suggestion. Can you imagine the indigestion in the civil service? Good idea but not a chance. Like so many before her, she talked a good game but that was about it. It can't be easy when you come up against the machine, though. Life is much more comfortable if you go native.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, woolley said:

Definitely Kate's suggestion. Can you imagine the indigestion in the civil service? Good idea but not a chance. Like so many before her, she talked a good game but that was about it. It can't be easy when you come up against the machine, though. Life is much more comfortable if you go native.

+1, we've had Alf "Cutting up the Credit Cards" too in his days as TM. Obviously somebody at Half Tide Dock pinched one before the cutting could take place and the theft never got reported either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, newaccount said:

In the audio he says "we have a timeline attached to our power station". 

The power station will be closed in 2035. The gov. claims it will be at end-of-life - but presumably still not paid for.

5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

6 Members vote against this particular part of Alf's Dream. Money is running out and the infighting has begun.

Screenshot_20240118-084337_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hardly, the 4 idiots from down south with own agenda plus 2 others so 18 v 6

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

The power station will be closed in 2035. The gov. claims it will be at end-of-life - but presumably still not paid for.

It's a useful heads up so that we can all start knitting woollen underwear in readiness for the fateful day.

• Haha 1

"Emergency services called more than 2,000 times across December"

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/emergency-services-called-more-than-2000-times-across-december/

WTF? Does that mean 1 in 6 adults on the island are dialling 999 each year?

Non-999 calls December 16,000?

Crime free island?

What's going on?

20 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

"Emergency services called more than 2,000 times across December"

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/emergency-services-called-more-than-2000-times-across-december/

WTF? Does that mean 1 in 6 adults on the island are dialling 999 each year?

Non-999 calls December 16,000?

Crime free island?

What's going on?

Poorly old chuffs needing ambulance?