Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

21 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

We had an enquiry at work this morning from a business who had been looking to setup in Exeter until last week.  They are now looking at the economic situation in the UK and considering options.

It was an interesting chat, and if others are having similar thoughts than it would suggest to me that now is exactly the time that Cannan and Alinson SHOULD be singing the island paradises and bigging us up as much as possible.

How can you big up something that's at rock bottom?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

We had an enquiry at work this morning from a business who had been looking to setup in Exeter until last week.  They are now looking at the economic situation in the UK and considering options.

It was an interesting chat, and if others are having similar thoughts than it would suggest to me that now is exactly the time that Cannan and Alinson SHOULD be singing the island paradises and bigging us up as much as possible.

If the island had a decent infrastructure, decent investment in said infrastructure and funds which aren’t squandered, wasted and abused, ordinarily I would agree with your sentiments. The sad truth is IOMG has negligently let the island’s infrastructure go to wrack and ruin, and this includes healthcare, education, housing and other areas.

If there were plenty of healthcare professionals to enable no serious waiting lists for medical treatment, schools where pupils aren’t taught in crap buildings or portacabins and also there is a plentiful supply of educated and qualified labour pool then, enticing new businesses by bullshitting politicos I would support. The island can’t supply the labour, hence the importation of foreign labour. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, woolley said:

Wilf on Manx Radio said he'd walked horses across that field up to their bellies in water.

I don’t believe him, but even if he did, that would be why the roads are being build in such a way as to mitigate any possible flood risk.

All the mitigations are in the hundreds and hundreds of pages of info on the planning pages 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Interested Reader said:

Oh you can 

Daphne now in charge of education

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/breaking-edge-sacked-as-education-minister/

Rock bottom indeed.

She’ll be a disaster, cars to be banned from school vicinity, no heating on if it’s gas etc.

I UNDERSTAND edge has disagreed with some of Alfs and Alex’s decisions.

24 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I don’t believe him, but even if he did, that would be why the roads are being build in such a way as to mitigate any possible flood risk.

All the mitigations are in the hundreds and hundreds of pages of info on the planning pages 

I do believe him, seen it myself. Building there is utterly ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1