Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

6 hours ago, asitis said:

Difficult to understand how any of these are going to be FTB properties given the prices of the last tranche adjacent to the bridge !

Not sure it’s been announced yet but Tevir said they will pay a sum instead of FTBs at the ocean castle site as the annual maintenance fee would be excessive for FTBs so maybe similar with lake road one

• Sad 2

55 minutes ago, Banker said:

Not sure it’s been announced yet but Tevir said they will pay a sum instead of FTBs at the ocean castle site as the annual maintenance fee would be excessive for FTBs so maybe similar with lake road one

Does anyone ever ask where these "sums paid in lieu of FTBs" actually go?

Surely Govt should set these payments aside and use them itself to build social and FTB housing, as the developers have effectively bought their way out of the responsibility? The need hasn't gone away.

So we need to ask where do these monies go?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Does anyone ever ask where these "sums paid in lieu of FTBs" actually go?

Surely Govt should set these payments aside and use them itself to build social and FTB housing, as the developers have effectively bought their way out of the responsibility? The need hasn't gone away.

So we need to ask where do these monies go?

Put an FOI in

1 hour ago, Banker said:

So nothing to help the FTB in this development either ! Does this mean they don't get a bung !

53 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

And should any development that is planning on paying in lieu of first time buyers be able to access the brown envelope sorry brownfield site government scheme

definitely not it goes against the principals of the scheme , smell of brown envelopes here 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I see our useless and totally inept Chief Minister has been hitting the NPM airwaves, trying to extol excuses for his poor performance, this time, blaming communication issues with the budget! What a total Walter Mitty. 

Perhaps if he employed another squadron of IOMG communications officers, all on fantastic salaries, with additional great terms and conditions, then maybe the adoring public will greet the budget 2024, with joy and happiness? 

Maybe it’s best the CM Cannan either keeps his mouth shut, or better still stay in the pub all day, as I’m sure the island can run its self easier without his input!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Perhaps if he employed another squadron of IOMG communications officers, all on fantastic salaries, with additional great terms and conditions, then maybe the adoring public will greet the budget 2024, with joy and happiness

Then again maybe they won't. 

12 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I see our useless and totally inept Chief Minister has been hitting the NPM airwaves, trying to extol excuses for his poor performance, this time, blaming communication issues with the budget! What a total Walter Mitty. 

Perhaps if he employed another squadron of IOMG communications officers, all on fantastic salaries, with additional great terms and conditions, then maybe the adoring public will greet the budget 2024, with joy and happiness? 

Maybe it’s best the CM Cannan either keeps his mouth shut, or better still stay in the pub all day, as I’m sure the island can run its self easier without his input!

I thought that was today's April fools joke.

Hard to tell on the IOM though, pick any story and it's a joke.

Edited by slinkydevil
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

I thought that was today's April fools joke.

Hard to tell on the IOM though, pick any story and it's a joke.

Today’s April Fools joke is the Castrol TT scratch cards.