Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

We are behind on everything. The only behind is Alf Cannan. 

We should have have wind turbines on top of Snaefell, and surrounding peaks. Perhaps if we have to pay farmers not to farmers, their fields should be turned into solar farms. Every little helps. Still we may develop some sustainability, with a bit of the usual mess of over budget and late delivery that only our government can achieve. 

Edited by 2112

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

We are behind on everything. The only behind is Alf Cannan. 

We should have have wind turbines on top of Snaefell, and surrounding peaks. Perhaps if we have to pay farmers not to farmers, their fields should be turned into solar farms. Every little helps. Still we may develop some sustainability, with a bit of the usual mess of over budget and late delivery that only our government can achieve. 

All the electricity we need, but no food to cook?

• Like 2

This economic strategy is far to complex and dependent on a lot of 'what if we did this, or that?' 

Two steps only!

1) Sort out the basics, healthcare, education, the state of the place (because it's generally a shithole!) make the PS work for a living instead of enabling the part timers that many of them are! That will improve a lot of things to enable things to happen.

2) As I have been saying for years, a full blown university to attract 15,000 students. Watch the economy fly and the infrastructure improve dramatically around it!   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Max Power said:

This economic strategy is far to complex and dependent on a lot of 'what if we did this, or that?' 

Two steps only!

1) Sort out the basics, healthcare, education, the state of the place (because it's generally a shithole!) make the PS work for a living instead of enabling the part timers that many of them are! That will improve a lot of things to enable things to happen.

2) As I have been saying for years, a full blown university to attract 15,000 students. Watch the economy fly and the infrastructure improve dramatically around it!   

I feel like calling 1) only one step is maybe not entirely accurate.

• Like 1