Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

32 minutes ago, Banker said:

Maybe ALF can follow his mates in Jersey and order a recruitment freeze for senior civil servants and reduce consultants.

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2024/08/05/freeze-on-recruiting-of-civil-servants-to-save-millions/

And from within the above link; If Jersey can identify this "momentum in expanding the public sector" then why can't we, to include its causes and origins?

Maybe because the public sector is in control rather than the democratic will.

Screenshot_20240805-205729_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone else seen this advertising that you can come to the Isle of Man with a cheap visa and get free health care and free education. I think we need to sort out the healthcare for those currently here first. 

image.jpeg.7800ef4a6eb7f6d7ccf40f5f4025e7e5.jpeg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Has anyone else seen this advertising that you can come to the Isle of Man with a cheap visa and get free health care and free education. I think we need to sort out the healthcare for those currently here first. 

It's based in Bangladesh and offers advice and legal support for immigration to Canada, Australia and UAE. What they charge and what they actually deliver is not clear.

1 hour ago, When Skies are Grey V2 said:

Think its time to start looting Greggs or ShoeZone - that's how you get policy reform through isnt it??

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Damn we don't have a greggs or a shoe zone lol

You mean like this guy

IMG_5409.jpeg

4 hours ago, When Skies are Grey V2 said:

Think its time to start looting Greggs or ShoeZone - that's how you get policy reform through isnt it??

I will single handedly defend pat-a-cake when our rioters come for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Zulu said:

The fact that people need to get advice and help in order to get a visa to come here, says something about the process doesn't it?  This when we are actively trying to get more people here.  It's not just this firm, there are several local operators now that will help you with your application (as it's basically a beaurocratic nightmare).  I know a couple of bona fide business people who've tried and been knocked back for spurious reasons. 

Of course even if they get here, there is nowhere to rent and they won't be able to get a bank account, or medical appointments etc. 

20 hours ago, Zulu said:

You are dead right. It's a bloody mess already. Massive waiting lists. Disconnects in communications. Hopeless inefficiency. Can you imagine them being able to deal with a single extra patient. 

There's an easy way to reduce the waiting lists. We all pay double tax for, say, 5 years, the extra is ring fenced to provide the services needed and when the lists have been reduced to reasonable levels, the Govt provide the funds to keep on top of it???

Or we can simply say, the waiting times are dreadful but I'm not paying more!!!

20 minutes ago, Kopek said:

There's an easy way to reduce the waiting lists. We all pay double tax for, say, 5 years, the extra is ring fenced to provide the services needed and when the lists have been reduced to reasonable levels, the Govt provide the funds to keep on top of it???

Or we can simply say, the waiting times are dreadful but I'm not paying more!!!

Manxcare get enough money they just suffer from bloated management layers and poor allocation of budget.  If all they needed was to spend £18 million to clear one waiting list they could have achieved it within their own budget.

• Like 2