Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

My suggestion would be abandon/put on ice all expenditure for net zero. If necessary put sticking plasters on the new power station which we haven't yet paid for to give it another 10 years life.

If some nosey body complains that we have not done our bit to save the world. Tough titty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2024 at 5:16 PM, Alanbellend said:

You get the impression that he’s worked out that amongst others Laurie Hooper had fleeced him and Allinson and made them look like dicks. They put up taxes as Hooper told them they needed more money for Manx Care which was really unpopular with the public but within six months all that money has clearly gone and they need £18 Million more and now they’ll probably have to put up taxes again. Hooper just took their pants down and rammed a large root vegetable up there for good measure. It’s good to see them fighting back. 

Have you ever discussed the things you imagine with a medical professional? This pulling down of pants stuff for a start may indicate you need help.

20 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Which root vegetable was chosen and was it Manx grown or did he go down the Tesco root in order to save money. Just asking for a friend, more of an aqaintance.  😬

At least the Tesco version would be very small and not have such a painful affect! imagine a carrot from Brys in Ramsey now that would bring a tear to your eye in more ways than one😪

Edited by Beelzebub3

On 9/13/2024 at 1:49 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Isn't it just. No one looks good while looking at/through a screen and it's even truer when their gaze isn't directed at the viewer.  But in this case this is, ridiculously, an official photo that accompanied a press release entitled:

Chief Minister delivers biosphere message to global audience

Presumably it's meant to illustrating him doing this.  I suppose we should be grateful he didn't fly halfway round the world to do so in person, but it's a virtual event (and a rather odd-looking one).  'Global' here seems to mean a few thousand people (or in DfE terms 6 million). 

At least they had the sense to show both his hands in view.

This is what he told the world via the Island Innovation Virtual Summit.

https://islandinnovation.co/videos/green-initiatives-in-an-island-biosphere-fireside-chat-with-isle-of-man-chief-minister-alfred-cannan-mhk/

13 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

In January 2025 it will be 3 years since David Ashford told us to expect a hard 12 months ahead....

I'm glad the last 24 have been as easy as they have after we got over that first 12.

Sunlit uplands.

6 hours ago, 2112 said:

CM Cannan coming out with yet more bullshit - he tells us he is not short of plan(k). At the same time he is saying that health isn’t the only area to go over budget.

Not so much I have a dream but welcome to my nightmare!

Unfortunately the same in UK and elsewhere due to high inflation, mismanagement etc. UK have already warned tax rises are coming to fund public services, also some cuts etc and we need to prepare for the same. If we want proper healthcare, education etc then we’ve got to pay for it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

In January 2025 it will be 3 years since David Ashford told us to expect a hard 12 months ahead....

I'm glad the last 24 have been as easy as they have after we got over that first 12.

Sunlit uplands.

If he is questioned about his sunlit uplands after 12 months , he might shred himself LOL !