Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s Derek & 2122 with a few friends 😂

Not me. I'm watching from the sidelines with real interest. It isn't dissimilar in concept to some of the gigacities being built in the Middle East, such as NEOM. Money-wise, this is a fart in a stadium compared to those.

If it was Bezos, or Musk that was making the proposal, what would the view be then?

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

I remember when the EGG was laid out as a proposal. I've always seen Ian as an under-funded visionary and that was thefar-out sort of thing he came up with. Ten years down the line, and here a refined version - a well-researched, apparently backed, brave and game changing terrestrial vision for something that would be good for the Isle of Man.

I don't presently see anyone else coming up with the next big thing, which lets face it is what is needed. Personally, I think the scheme looks terrific, and offers hope.

Or we could go for the spuds and herring model?

I guarentee someone will contest it due to lack of parking. 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Not me. I'm watching from the sidelines with real interest. It isn't dissimilar in concept to some of the gigacities being built in the Middle East, such as NEOM. Money-wise, this is a fart in a stadium compared to those.

If it was Bezos, or Musk that was making the proposal, what would the view be then?

Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk aren’t going to waste their time on this island. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Probably be taken a bit more serious as they have the capital to build it. 

Maybe we can get a decent health care system, drs, dentists first before spending billions on a new town

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Probably be taken a bit more serious as they have the capital to build it. 

Maybe we can get a decent health care system, drs, dentists first before spending billions on a new town

If what I've seen is right, the money isn't going to be th issue.

32 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk aren’t going to waste their time on this island. 

29 minutes ago, Banker said:

Not strictly true Musk’s star link facility is available on Island 

And you can order stuff from Amazon.  Whether it turns up or not though... 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Of course it’s going to a different view if one of the 2 richest men in the world were looking to do this rather than someone who tried to crowdfund £1,000,000,000 to build a giant egg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BriT said:

What do you expect when you’re just a dickhead troll who contributes nothing to this forum? It’s funny though how some of the dickhead trolls on here go into a meltdown over emojis. 

It’s ironic that the sad twat who leaves laughing emojis on everyone else’s posts get so bent out of shape when it’s done to him. Just block. It’s pointless noise. 

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s ironic that the sad twat who leaves laughing emojis on everyone else’s posts get so bent out of shape when it’s done to him. Just block. It’s pointless noise. 

I love when you keep claiming to have blocked people, but obviously haven’t.

You replied to a post made by someone you have allegedly blocked the other day without anyone else having quoted it.  How did that happen?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Very strange that you support a poster who posts exactly the same rubbish as you , gets very angry when challenged etc & is never on forum at same time as you😂

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Now this seems a more realistic new development, pity it’s not on bus station site but another crap area to be developed 

https://gef.im/2023/05/25/new-hotel-planned-for-capital/

no doubt the usual whiners will be on to slag it off😂

There's no parking for hotel guests, let alone staff. 

Did I do that right? 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1