Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

On 8/9/2023 at 5:27 PM, 2112 said:

Didn’t the hospital get funded through the use of NI reserves with provision for it to be repaid? 

Originally, yes, but Eddie Teare kind of shuffled that idea towards the edge of the stage then deftly sidekicked it into the orchestra pit when nobody was looking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can remember the bus station from my youth, it had a Murrial in the full hight central annex.

Buggered if I can remember what of, but seem to remember compass points being prominently feature. Maybe some one else has better recollection than I. And the point I am trying to make is its been plans for nigh on 45 years and still not a rock turned.

The wheels of time turn slowly  but not as slow as an MHK's brain. Let's not forget we are fucking skint

Edited by Dirty Buggane

34 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I can remember the bus station from my youth, it had a Murrial in the full hight central annex.

Buggered if I can remember what of, but seem to remember compass points being prominently feature. Maybe some one else has better recollection than I. And the point I am trying to make is its been plans for nigh on 45 years and still not a rock turned.

The wheels of time turn slowly  but not as slow as an MHK's brain. Let's not forget we are fucking skint

Maybe the new bus station will have a full height murial depicting CM Cannan and his COMIN Chumps a la last supper? 

The MDC and IOMG can make all these grand announcements at the Island Conference, an opportunity for CM Cannan to dick wave. Whilst these plans are welcome, sorry to sound cynical but I feel these are announcements to appease the masses. Whether ‘spades’ get put into the ground is where it matters!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Banker said:

There’s major infrastructure plans being announced at island conference in September according to Chris Thomas on Twitter including MDC plans, possibly bus station.

Ah yes, the man who says that Ronaldsway already has Cat 3 ILS capability.

It'll be another hotel with a 7 screen multiplex next door then....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Ah yes, the man who says that Ronaldsway already has Cat 3 ILS capability.

It'll be another hotel with a 7 screen multiplex next door then....

It is a hotel and multi storey car park on the old Steam Packet site.

Gov built hotel, I will leave that one for everyone to ponder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

It is a hotel and multi storey car park on the old Steam Packet site.

Gov built hotel, I will leave that one for everyone to ponder.

For the governments favourite hotel operators no doubt? Unless IOMG are going into the hotel and hospitality industry?