Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

34 minutes ago, 2112 said:

it should continue’ a very cavalier approach with taxpayers money, and use of time and resources.

After he's finished with the conference he needs to address the same traits in the rest of Government then

More absolute bollocks courtesy of the Treasury. Big Consultations on redesigning banknotes and coinage. This is the same department which wishes to do away with coins! Also, for the life of me, I can’t imagine Manx banknotes being forged, and circulating all over the pubs and clubs of the island? The UK changes the design of its banknotes periodically to prevent fraud. I have banknotes but I rarely use them as most of my local purchasing is used by debit card, with credit card for large purchases occasionally.

This is quite frankly a waste of time coming at a time when constructive and genuine help is required by local residents. 

Yes before anyone pipes up about coin and banknote collectors - is this a major money spinner? 

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

More absolute bollocks courtesy of the Treasury. Big Consultations on redesigning banknotes and coinage. This is the same department which wishes to do away with coins! Also, for the life of me, I can’t imagine Manx banknotes being forged, and circulating all over the pubs and clubs of the island? The UK changes the design of its banknotes periodically to prevent fraud. I have banknotes but I rarely use them as most of my local purchasing is used by debit card, with credit card for large purchases occasionally.

This is quite frankly a waste of time coming at a time when constructive and genuine help is required by local residents. 

Yes before anyone pipes up about coin and banknote collectors - is this a major money spinner? 

Do we get many episodes forgeries here? Although l do remember an incident  relayed to me with an elderly relative who had earlier collected his pension from the post office, he had a visit from the police later on after he had gone to do some shopping, and it was discovered the notes were forgeries.  I can't remember now if the notes were Manx or English. It must have been in the 1990s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

More bullshit masquerading allegedly news, on the NPM (MR) is CM Cannan saying that ‘if the conference isn’t delivering benefit, we will have to question whether it should continue’ a very cavalier approach with taxpayers money, and use of time and resources. Granted some of event has been sponsored by IOMG friends, and they are using UCM Catering students for a ‘business’ breakfast. Perhaps this could have done by a local catering establishment, thereby providing benefit? 

The IOMG was conceived as a giant ego trip to dick waving and allowing the great unwashed access to their elected politicos and civil servants. 

How do they measure what the government conference is delivering?

37 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Alex Allinson is on Mannin line tomorrow so assume you will be ringing in with all your angry questions?

Uk regularly brings out new bank notes & with a new monarch it makes sense to consider the same here 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Do we get many episodes forgeries here? Although l do remember an incident  relayed to me with an elderly relative who had earlier collected his pension from the post office, he had a visit from the police later on after he had gone to do some shopping, and it was discovered the notes were forgeries.  I can't remember now if the notes were Manx or English. It must have been in the 1990s.

I’m not sure, but there are far more pressing and important things that the Treasury and IOMG should concern themselves with. The design of banknote isn’t urgent, and is another exercise to waste time and to appeal to certain sectors of society - the artistic luvvies. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Alex Allinson is on Mannin line tomorrow so assume you will be ringing in with all your angry questions?

Uk regularly brings out new bank notes & with a new monarch it makes sense to consider the same here 

Yes, to combat forgeries. The island has many serious issues, and fannnying around over a new monarch on a bank note isn’t a priority. Could the same designs be used with the Kings head be used? Job done without the need for pointless consultations, Culture Vannin and other busybodies involvement, and artists with friends in the right places getting their designs chosen. 

If it is going to cost a lot of money it can get kicked into the long grass until Cummal Moar, Castle Rushen High School and other important issues are sorted.  So should any donation to a house for the Peggy and a handout to Braddan Commissioners who have overstretched themselves with their vanity project.   Everything that is not essential should be put on hold until the basics are addressed.    This is what normal people do when deciding how to eke out their own expenditure.    It doesn’t grow on trees should be their new slogan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

56 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Yes, to combat forgeries. The island has many serious issues, and fannnying around over a new monarch on a bank note isn’t a priority. Could the same designs be used with the Kings head be used? Job done without the need for pointless consultations, Culture Vannin and other busybodies involvement, and artists with friends in the right places getting their designs chosen. 

Do you’ll be asking Alex about it tomorrow?