Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Why isn’t the Lake Road site used for Corpy social housing, apartments like Lord Street? It will end up like Quay West, yuppie flats for chinless wonders, which our new big knobs of the civil service could buy. Maybe another fancy restaurant? 

Probably because Douglas Corporation don't own the land and it's in a flood plain.

3 hours ago, Banker said:

This plan will certainly transform Douglas and help Alfs dream, Tevir have already delivered 3 great projects so have track record. Interesting to know who’s going to run hotel.

https://gef.im/news/planning/plans-for-offices-hotel-and-shops-unveiled-40102/?fbclid=IwAR2M4gwOv3WfZPQkRfEE-6gsed8a0e-BoF9agOpOOZ4czBbGm00sR0ppVLo

Which 3 projects?

They part demolished the Castle Mona and that is it, but no movement there for a year of more.

If I have missed some of these "Great Projects" I will stand corrected.

They are not the peeps that are spending huge sums in Castletown BTW if that is who you mean?

The only one of these 3 developments that is likely to happen is the Dandara one which would have happened anyway without the bung.

80 Bed hotel? as you say, who is running that? DFE?

I am sure Keith Lord will be over the moon that gov are subsidising a hotel near where he wants to build one with his own money and proven track record of running an island hotel.

Banker, please quote this post for posterity, the Dandara development WILL BE THE ONLY ONE THAT HAPPENS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Would there be anything left in the kitty? Or if any other company has a genuine business case and idea, to develop, would they be told, sorry nothing left. 

This scheme has been in the public domain for probably two years.  Anyone who wanted to was invited to apply ages ago and it was no secret.

Why people are moaning about it now I have 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Which 3 projects?

They part demolished the Castle Mona and that is it, but no movement there for a year of more.

They are not the peeps that are spending huge sums in Castletown BTW if that is who you mean?

The only one of these 3 developments that is likely to happen is the Dandara one which would have happened anyway without the bung.

I am sure Keith Lord will be over the moon that gov are subsidising a hotel near where he wants to build one with his own money and proven track record of running an island hotel.

Banker, please quote this post for posterity, the Dandara development WILL BE THE ONLY ONE THAT HAPPENS.

Tevir have successful sites, one of which was the magnificent renovation of on whole side of the end of Athol Street where Zurich used to be.

30 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Which 3 projects?

We know you hate anything about Isle of Man but even you are looking like a bigger dick than normal 😂

Tevir recently transformed old Lloyds building for suntera, they bought & renovated old RBS building for Lloyd’s, they also bought & renovated the old Zurich building in athol street. All these buildings are fully let out. They also donated several £m to hospice for new Tevir wing.

They also own conister bank building, Boots building strand street amongst other assets

https://www.tevirgroup.com/our-activities/clarendon-house-douglas-isle-of-man

Basically you haven’t a clue, stick to a Essex development 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Why isn’t the Lake Road site used for Corpy social housing, apartments like Lord Street? It will end up like Quay West, yuppie flats for chinless wonders, which our new big knobs of the civil service could buy. Maybe another fancy restaurant? 

Because they have the whole of Lord Street to do that with when it’s flattened and DBC already own the land.

Hopefully the housing associating will be up and running soon and make this the top of their list

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

We know you hate anything about Isle of Man but even you are looking like a bigger dick than normal 😂

Tevir recently transformed old Lloyds building for suntera, they bought & renovated old RBS building for Lloyd’s, they also bought & renovated the old Zurich building in athol street. All these buildings are fully let out. They also donated several £m to hospice for new Tevir wing.

They also own conister bank building, Boots building strand street amongst other assets

https://www.tevirgroup.com/our-activities/clarendon-house-douglas-isle-of-man

Basically you haven’t a clue, stick to a Essex development 

Never heard of them 😂. It definitely won’t happen 😂.  Does this bladrerunner dude even visit the place?

They are a great business and I rely hope this latest one gets fast tracked through planning so they can crack on.

That while end of Douglas is set for a MASSIVE boost in the next few years.  There will be a bit of pain while all the building is going on, but six or seven years from now central Douglas won’t be recognisable compared to today.

• Like 1

Just now, english zloty said:

Does anyone else think the statement from Alex about MDC purpose being to build a car park is somehow at odds with their other purpose of developing the 15 minute commute (by bicycle or foot ) 🤣🤣

Not really.

I would happily live in town and walk everywhere but have a permanent place a few minutes walk away for the odd time I needed it.

7 minutes ago, english zloty said:

They have £100m to spunk up the wall

This negativity and lack of understanding is doing my head in.

How is it spunking it up the wall?

If the government give a financial incentive for a business to develop a site that would otherwise lay empty, and which is more expensive to build on than one out of town how is that a bad thing?

The site gets developed and millions of pounds is spent with local suppliers and contractors.  Millions of that goes back into the coffers in VAT, wages, and then those wages generate more VAT and income tax and NI.  Less people need benefits.

There is more but anyone who can’t grasp the above won’t grasp that either.

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Like 2