Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

2 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

This negativity and lack of understanding is doing my head in.

How is it spunking it up the wall?

If the government give a financial incentive for a business to develop a site that would otherwise lay empty, and which is more expensive to build on than one out of town how is that a bad thing?

The site gets developed and millions of pounds is spent with local suppliers and contractors.  Millions of that goes back into the coffers in VAT, wages, and then those wages generate more VAT and income tax and NI.  Less people need benefits.

There is more but anyone who can’t grasp the above won’t grasp that either.

Bless you for your naivety. It’s heartwarming 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if the developers behind the upmarket luxury flats on Duke Street have been given funding from the DfE? After all work is supposed to starting imminently. I can’t imagine that the developers of Villiers Square would want a quarter/half erected rusting hulk next to their prestigious site? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I wonder if the developers behind the upmarket luxury flats on Duke Street have been given funding from the DfE? After all work is supposed to starting imminently. I can’t imagine that the developers of Villiers Square would want a quarter/half erected rusting hulk next to their prestigious site? 

No they haven’t as that development started before the brownfield scheme was introduced.

There won’t be a rusting hulk there as it’s about to start up again.

Why so negative?

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Not like you to blame the government for something that's got nothing to do with the government 🤣

• Like 1

Interesting report on the NPM (MR) from the former IOMG economist John Webster, who concludes that the number of over 65s in age persons has risen by 1400. He also says that the type of people moving here don’t need a job. I’m sure that will help to pay for the civil service pensions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Interesting report on the NPM (MR) from the former IOMG economist John Webster, who concludes that the number of over 65s in age persons has risen by 1400. He also says that the type of people moving here don’t need a job. I’m sure that will help to pay for the civil service pensions. 

You really are the NMM as someone christened you😂

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

You really are the NMM as someone christened you😂

I’ll take that as a compliment!i

If one of IOMG ex big noises are coming out with constructive criticism, and IOMG obviously know better, then the island is bound for population chaos. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

It would be interesting to know how many of those 1400 are Manx born returning to the "land of our birth".