Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Tevir group cracking on , no doubt the doubters like 2112 will be on soon slagging them off!

https://gef.im/news/planning/new-graphics-detail-square-plans-40899/?fbclid=IwAR0QwNsEuzSYvResCIrTuMI-QMSVJb6HF7IUK1ww8DstiofWiJ7RS2ocqco

If they get passed and work starts immediately then yes I won’t be a doubter. Until such times, it’s a dream. 

Duke Street Flats still not finished!

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

If they get passed and work starts immediately then yes I won’t be a doubter. Until such times, it’s a dream. 

Duke Street Flats still not finished!

What’s duke street got to do with Tevir group? You’re just negative about anything progressive!

• Like 1

Visit Isle of Man on ManninLine today and they just announced the “Guild of Travel writers” AGM to be held here in November with over 100 travel industry writers visiting the island.

This is a great achievement and opportunity as I would imagine every British location would like to host this event.

Great work by someone.  

Let the moaning commence.

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Visit Isle of Man on ManninLine today and they just announced the “Guild of Travel writers” AGM to be held here in November with over 100 travel industry writers visiting the island.

This is a great achievement and opportunity as I would imagine every British location would like to host this event.

Great work by someone.  

Great news, let's hope they press the Heritage Rail System into service. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Great news, let's hope they press the Heritage Rail System into service. 

Personally I would rather see them focus on Golf, mountain biking, water sports and conference facilities that might attract younger people to bring their family here, or groups of friends rather than the older generation who we seem to always attract.

I would steer them far away from old trains and heritage sites but guess we all have different views on such things.

Younger people could be return visitors or even relocate and work here.

Old people are more likely to become too ill to travel or be dead in a few years, or god forbid might move here and become even more of a drain on the island. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Yes you are but you haven’t said what duke street development has to do with Tevir group as you implied?

I haven’t implied anything relating to Tevir, all I merely pointed out is until there are spades or excavators, and then steel work erected, I will believe it. A huge amount of money is likely to be spent, I’m sure the developers wouldn’t want the Duke Street Flats to be a derelict eyesore. Maybe they will buy the site and rebuild? 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I haven’t implied anything relating to Tevir, all I merely pointed out is until there are spades or excavators, and then steel work erected, I will believe it. A huge amount of money is likely to be spent, I’m sure the developers wouldn’t want the Duke Street Flats to be a derelict eyesore. Maybe they will buy the site and rebuild? 

Have you read the last few pages of this very thread?

The Duke Street project will resume soon.

5 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Sounds like something straight out of Terry Pritchett’s Discworld, hope they’ve informed the Night Watch.😉

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Great work by someone.  

IOM not really at its best in November.

That is, of course, if they all get onto the rock....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

IOM not really at its best in November.

That is, of course, if they all get onto the rock....

Better for them to get here and then not to be able to get off. 13 hour round trip to Heysham or circling Gatwick and coming back at midnight should do it.

• Like 1