Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

14 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Here we have a firm trying to setup locally and generate money and jobs, being held up still by our stupid planning system which allows any old moaner to object for whatever reason they want and hold things up.

In this instance, people questioning the viability of the cannabis industry.  This island is so backwards due to a minority of serial objectors

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-business/firm-behind-plans-for-medicinal-cannabis-factory-gives-update

Climate Change lobby!

If isn’t the sector it’s the Heritage lobby turn to object. As this factory is going on an industrial estate, how anyone can object is unfathomable. 

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Climate Change lobby!

If isn’t the sector it’s the Heritage lobby turn to object. As this factory is going on an industrial estate, how anyone can object is unfathomable. 

Exactly.

Its investment in the island and should have been fast tracked through and half built by now.

7 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

WTF are you talking about?

A steel building no doubt (made by burning coal), brightly lit, probably well heated year round. Think of the carbon emissions! And all to create a few jobs. We've got more jobs than we can fill already. We're having to import tens of thousands to fill them. 

Where's the tipping point Davey boy? Think of the Biosphere!!!

• Confused 1

Ah, I see.  You have skim read a thread about tractors and while not being able to understand the point of the thread have jumped to some completely wrong conclusions.

I say scrap the biosphere and environmental stuff and build what we want when we want.  I have never said otherwise.

These people have actually put an awful lot of thought into the environmental impact which you have no doubt heard in the interview and seen on the planning application.

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

I say scrap the biosphere and environmental stuff and build what we want when we want.  I have never said otherwise.

Although you seem to like to use it to question the tractor run and the TT.

I guess you only use it when it suits you, bit like your other user names.

Sad cunt.

• Haha 1

Just now, A fool and his money..... said:

Although you seem to like to use it to question the tractor run and the TT.

I guess you only use it when it suits you, bit like your other user names.

Sad cunt.

You really need to go back and read that thread again.  I asked a question.

My opinion is that environmental impact should be way below economic impact, progress, diversity in the. Economy and getting stuff built in our list of priorities.

I am not sure how you concluded anything else?  Assumption?

Any need for the swearing?

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

You really need to go back and read that thread again.  I asked a question.

My opinion is that environmental impact should be way below economic impact, progress, diversity in the. Economy and getting stuff built in our list of priorities.

I am not sure how you concluded anything else?  Assumption?

Any need for the swearing?

You change your opinion as often as your username. You have no integrity at all. 

Sad cunt 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

You change your opinion as often as your username. You have no integrity at all. 

Sad cunt 

I haven’t changed my opinion at all!!  It’s not my issue you can’t read properly.

Pathetic.  Just admit you were wrong rather than chucking insults about.

Edited by CrazyDave

As this thread is about Alf's dream, there's a bit of a rumour that it's about to come crashing down after he was stopped by the police for DD last night? 

I don't want to start a thread as we all know what the rumour mill is like, and I would like to think that it's bollocks! It may run longer than the Spewin' Juan thread!

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

As this thread is about Alf's dream, there's a bit of a rumour that it's about to come crashing down after he was stopped by the police for DD last night? 

I don't want to start a thread as we all know what the rumour mill is like, and I would like to think that it's bollocks! It may run longer than the Spewin' Juan thread!

Didn’t read the last few pages then?

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

No, I looked at the last few posts and it looked as though the thread had been taken over by people arguing over nothing, so assumed nothing important was happening. 

Ah ok.

Going back one page and 25 hours would have told you it’s old news and unless he has been allegedly caught again, it wasn’t last night.

Thanks for the update though!

• Haha 1