Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

9 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Is anyone running a book on:

a) Is this true

b) If so, who will be the replacement

I've heard it's evens for Ashford for b)

Stu would make a most excellent leader - bollox to climate change, all money spent on roads ... winner winner chicken dinner

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Yes, I should have gone back further, apologies, it won't happen again :)

That's you told.  Fancy trying to divert the topic of the thread onto some insignificant person called Alf Cannan away from the true topic of CrazyDave.  The topic of every thread today it seems.

But the fact that people are hearing this separately suggests just how widespread it is.  And that leads to problems , even if it isn't true.  Because if it spreads and is believed (or half-believed) and nothing else is then heard, then more rumours will appear about special treatment and charges made to 'go away'.  It's a difficult choice between openly denying the rumours (and maybe alerting even more people to them) and hoping they will go away.  How denial is done is crucial.

Of course if the rumours are true, the problem is even worse.  But it's often the cover-up that is fatal rather than the crime.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's you told.  Fancy trying to divert the topic of the thread onto some insignificant person called Alf Cannan away from the true topic of CrazyDave.  The topic of every thread today it seems.

But the fact that people are hearing this separately suggests just how widespread it is.  And that leads to problems , even if it isn't true.  Because if it spreads and is believed (or half-believed) and nothing else is then heard, then more rumours will appear about special treatment and charges made to 'go away'.  It's a difficult choice between openly denying the rumours (and maybe alerting even more people to them) and hoping they will go away.  How denial is done is crucial.

Of course if the rumours are true, the problem is even worse.  But it's often the cover-up that is fatal rather than the crime.

He has resigned ffs.  It’s all true.

you can say people don’t believe what I post but it’s all fact, and it’s all condensed into little bit sized nuggets rather that long, rambling dull posts full of stuff copied from the internet.

If the rumour isn’t confirmed by this time tomorrow I will never post again.  The rest of us can only hope that you will offer the same if it turns out I am right.

33 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Is anyone running a book on:

a) Is this true

b) If so, who will be the replacement

I've heard it's evens for Ashford for b)

I doubt anyone is running a book on this.

Even if they were how would you place a bet on it.?

Would anybody accepting such bets have to be supervised by the IOM Gambling Supervision Commission or whatever it’s called?

So we’re just left with idle speculation.

4 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

He has resigned ffs.  It’s all true.

you can say people don’t believe what I post but it’s all fact, and it’s all condensed into little bit sized nuggets rather that long, rambling dull posts full of stuff copied from the internet.

If the rumour isn’t confirmed by this time tomorrow I will never post again.  The rest of us can only hope that you will offer the same if it turns out I am right.

Hang on you say he’s resigned  (It’s all  true)and then referred to that as a rumour to be confirmed. 

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Addition of the bit in brackets
  • Confused 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Now he’s reverted back to gratuitous insult mode.

It’s not an insult.

The poster I was replying to called me al sorts this afternoon because he wasn’t able to actually understand what had been posted.

Thats a fact and anyone who reads the thread back can confirm it.

If I am right and Alf resigns over this have you got the balls to agree not to post again?