Careless DOI

0bserver

23 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Maybe the guy with the overheight lorry came back and took it, to help pay for the fine he will (hopefully) get for destroying the railway infrastructure.

Alleged overheight lorry. 

Did the crossing have sufficient warning signs in place to warn of the overhead wires? I'm sure DOI won't have neglected this.... 

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

Did the crossing have sufficient warning signs in place to warn of the overhead wires? I'm sure DOI won't have neglected this.... 

Yes I think there is a height warning sign but is probably obscured by bushes etc that haven't been maintained by..... guess who?? Not the DOI, shirley? 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Yes I think there is a height warning sign but is probably obscured by bushes etc that haven't been maintained by..... guess who?? Not the DOI, shirley? 🤣🤣

Genuinely I don't remember a height warning sign on that stretch of road. 

Highway Code says anything under 19ft needs to have a warning sign. 

Are the wires 19ft+?

4 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Yes and if they could release the scrap value too, I'm sure the scrap yards I've approached so far are taking the piss.

£4.5 per kilo. But you need to cut down into small pieces,, or they won't take. Probably 😉

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Not sure if you've seen the video, but it was a flat bed recovery truck with the Adventurous Experiences Landrover (assume broken down) and a trailer full of kayaks on the back.  Looks like it was the Kayaks on the trailer that caught the cable.  Remarkably they seem to have been well secured and all stayed in place. 

32 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Did you see the way the lorry was loaded? About a dozen kayaks on top of a landrover on top of the lorry. Looks as though the kayaks have shifted a bit (hardly surprising!) Were the kayaks supposed to have been on top of a trailer, on top of the landrover? Some genius in the loading department.

https://m.facebook.com/tmvinyl.co.uk/videos/340549211619810/?extid=WA-UNK-UNK-UNK-AN_GK0T-GK1C-GK2C&refsrc=deprecated&ref=sharing&_rdr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Did you see the way the lorry was loaded? About a dozen kayaks on top of a landrover on top of the lorry. Looks as though the kayaks have shifted a bit (hardly surprising!) Were the kayaks supposed to have been on top of a trailer, on top of the landrover? Some genius in the loading department.

https://m.facebook.com/tmvinyl.co.uk/videos/340549211619810/?extid=WA-UNK-UNK-UNK-AN_GK0T-GK1C-GK2C&refsrc=deprecated&ref=sharing&_rdr

See my comment above.  It was Adventourus Experiences Landy and Trailer.  I actually saw them parked up in Kewaige School earlier that day.  Looks like they were all loaded already like they usually are for their Kayaking excursions and the then just put the Landy and trailer ontop of the flatbed recovery truck. 

No idea why they wouldn't have just towed the Kayak trailer separately.  To be honest with amount of force required to tear those cables down and snap a couple of pylons, its remarkable they only shifted a little bit. 

Nightmare for Kierron, hope the Kayaks and trailer aren't too badly damaged. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 2