Careless DOI

0bserver

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

You obviously can't quite get it, I am talking about the facebook video posted, where a driver of a vehicle films the scene on their phone whilst stopped, but still in traffic then proceeds to drive on whilst still filming on his phone.

snitches get stitches...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, war baby said:

Somebody nicked my bird feeder this week too!  It was metal.  Probably the same gang.

According to the NPM the damage done was estimated to cost £5000, and when we have a cash strapped government, money is tight, except when capital infrastructure projects are involved, then money is no problem. 

13 minutes ago, 2112 said:

According to the NPM the damage done was estimated to cost £5000, and when we have a cash strapped government, money is tight, except when capital infrastructure projects are involved, then money is no problem. 

Win win. Closing the MER for a day would save the GMP in excess of £5,000

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

£5000 is that it? Or is that only the repair bill for the MER? I’d expect the 200m of cable to be a few grand in itself.

23 hours ago, HiVibes said:

because it is obviously the driver, and the footage goes all shit when he starts driving including a close up of the steering wheel, and then the inside of drivers door, you would have to be a plank to not realise that it's the driver.

The fact that the footage goes all shit when he starts driving sows that he's concentrating on his driving and not filming - he probably didn't realise he was still filming. At no point was he doing anything remotely dangerous. This sort of pedantry really doesn't add to the discussion, it just makes you look pompous because you're making such a big fuss about catching someone out on a technicality.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

The fact that the footage goes all shit when he starts driving sows that he's concentrating on his driving and not filming - he probably didn't realise he was still filming. At no point was he doing anything remotely dangerous. This sort of pedantry really doesn't add to the discussion, it just makes you look pompous because you're making such a big fuss about catching someone out on a technicality.

Actually using a phone in traffic even when stopped is an offense not really pedantry, if you are driving a car and using a phone in any manner that involves holding it you are breaking the law.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HiVibes said:

Actually using a phone in traffic even when stopped is an offense not really pedantry, if you are driving a car and using a phone in any manner that involves holding it you are breaking the law.

I bet you're fun at parties. Ask yourself the spirit in which that law was enacted, it was to improve road safety - was this driver doing anything dangerous- not even close.

Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

was this driver doing anything dangerous- not even close.

As I am sure you are aware most accidents happen at slow speed due to stupid careless mistakes, what he was doing was dangerous, he was driving a vehicle whilst being fully distracted, then posted it on the internet for some likes, it suggests he was a complete tool, its not some one you know perchance? 

51 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

So you apply that to what other areas, drink driving, rape? 

Mobile phone use while driving is so prevalent that someone filming an accident is something fully expected, just like every junction or temporary traffic lights you’ll see people staring down at their laps and the 2 second delay of the lights changing to them reacting, you see the ‘oh shit’ moment of them trying to pull away quickly (and sometimes stalling which I laugh my ass off at)

Driving standards are at an all time low, but there is zero police presence so again it’s to be expected, I’ve not seen a single speed trap since TT (2 week period only) and I’ve not seen a single roadside inspection type unit since November (2 weeks only)  land I doubt I’ll see anyone till MGP (2 weeks only)

So if the roads are only heavily policed for 6 weeks of the year, the odds of getting away with an offence is pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2