Crisis, what crisis?

Max Power

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

True, but also because calling something a crisis justifies some illogical measures, measures that no one in their right mind would pursue if there wasn't 'a crisis'. 

Forget crises they are two a penny, we are in a climate change emergency ( apparently). Emergency, I tell thee

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

I have never known a time when we in the Isle of Man were living through so many crises? 

The housing crisis, the climate crisis, the bus crisis, the airport crisis, the Covid crisis, the health service crisis, the schools crisis, the inflation crisis, the Brexit crisis, the government pensions crisis, I'm sure I could come up with several more, such as the Douglas $hithole crisis, the DoI idiot crisis and the government stupidity crisis!

Why can't we just go back to having issues, why is everything in crisis?  

If you went to having issues, there would be more issues than a Big Issue seller. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Max Power said:

I have never known a time when we in the Isle of Man were living through so many crises? 

The housing crisis, the climate crisis, the bus crisis, the airport crisis, the Covid crisis, the health service crisis, the schools crisis, the inflation crisis, the Brexit crisis, the government pensions crisis, I'm sure I could come up with several more, such as the Douglas $hithole crisis, the DoI idiot crisis and the government stupidity crisis!

Why can't we just go back to having issues, why is everything in crisis?  

You forgot the water crisis and the KFC crisises. Or is it crises?

• Thanks 1

Crisis is just another word that has become meaningless from over use. As with the the word 'incredible'.

People use these words to big themself, and the subject, up. The vast majority of people are taken in by the hot air.

It boils down to the sound of crisp consanants rather than the actual meaning of the word.

11 minutes ago, AOR said:

Crisis is just another word that has become meaningless from over use. As with the the word 'incredible'.

People use these words to big themself, and the subject, up. The vast majority of people are taken in by the hot air.

It boils down to the sound of crisp consanants rather than the actual meaning of the word.

Another is ‘absolutely’. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Or crisii?

Reminds me of the mongoose joke

A zookeeper lost a pair of mongoose to a storm and needed to replace them. He began writing an email to his supplier...

Dear sir, please send me two mongooses at once.”

That didn’t sound right, so he tried again.

“Dear sir, please send me two mongeese at once.”

That still didn’t sound right, so he gave it one last attempt:

“Dear sir, please send me one mongoose.

ps send me another

• Haha 3