There's Been a Murder! (Or has there?)

0bserver

2 hours ago, Kipper99 said:

Bit of basic internet research reveals:

Only one person arrested and interviewed for the Durrant murder.

That person was released, and not charged, and that the Met haven’t been looking for anyone else.

The rumours were it was a family member and that for a while there was a civil injunction preventing that person from entering the Island due to perceived threat.

Yes it was fairly clear the killer was likely to be a family member linked to the settlement. 

Update on Moulton's channel:

I presume the article he's referring to is the one on murdermap Tracking Every Homicide in London (UK).

It doesn't seem to add a lot more till the end where he mentions that he's had success in other jurisdictions in reclaiming parts of the estate.  To some extent the murder is an irrelevance, the real story here is the alleged maladministration of the estate/trust.  

Whether the murder is linked or not is another matter.  The trouble is that the Met in the late 1980s was even more corrupt and incompetent than it is today - as we've seen in the long saga of the Daniel Morgan murder, which happened the year before this one.  And, as we saw from that, today's Met is still very keen to keep past incidents buried.

16 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Update on Moulton's channel:

I presume the article he's referring to is the one on murdermap Tracking Every Homicide in London (UK).

It doesn't seem to add a lot more till the end where he mentions that he's had success in other jurisdictions in reclaiming parts of the estate.  To some extent the murder is an irrelevance, the real story here is the alleged maladministration of the estate/trust.  

They also seem to have done the sensible thing that people rarely do in these situations which is keep 9 filing cabinets full of all the correspondence they’ve had with the lawyers and trustees over the years. So they seem to have a good audit on what’s been said and done or not done.

All very strange, but it would be interesting to know on what basis the putative beneficiaries of other trusts were displaced in favour of the family. 

Dummy settlors, often a trusted advisor,  were quite a thing in the 80s, where someone acts a settlor to establish a trust with a nominal amount in favour of beneficiaries unrelated to them (sometimes with no named beneficiaries at all, just a class of persons who would include the intended beneficiaries who could later be added)  and then the real settlor introduces the assets really intended to be in the trust. 

The multi millions just does not tally with the end of terrace surburban three bedroomed townhouse. 

He is not the first and is certainly not going to the last.

There is an article in circulation headed "Whistleblower unite to tackle fraud and treason rampant in all corners of IoM Government services".  These are strong words.

People are fed up.  People can't trust the Government, Regulators, Advocates/Lawyers, Police so they are turning to the power of the internet to bring maladministration/corruption/failure to act/blatant lying by senior officials, whatever you want to call it, to the public's attention.

A new era of the keyboard vigilante is evolving, as they feel many individuals within these areas of government are not held accountable.  It's there to see and it's only going to get worse, unless these issues are addressed and those individuals are held accountable.

Its rules for one and rules for another.  It is if the Courts turn a blind eye, and if the individual is wealthy well then carry on and do what you like because if you're rich you're innocent and if you're poor you are guilty.

The BBC reported on the 9th December 2021 “Isle of Man launches strategy to tackle bribery and corruption”  and yet they fail to look within

A real sorry state of affairs, its reeks of a civil law country, where failure is rewarded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Gladys said:

In Surbiton?

The perfect disguise for a multi-million pound property empire, circling the globe!

Seriously, not every very rich person wants to live in a massive mansion with all the attendant fuss and bother and staffing and security.  Warren Buffett famously still lives in the same house he bought back in the 50s.  It may have been similar here - a family home bought when young and no need seen to move.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The perfect disguise for a multi-million pound property empire, circling the globe!

Seriously, not every very rich person wants to live in a massive mansion with all the attendant fuss and bother and staffing and security.  Warren Buffett famously still lives in the same house he bought back in the 50s.  It may have been similar here - a family home bought when young and no need seen to move.

Yes, that may be the case.  However......

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

There are some rich, wealthy, greedy lawyers and accountants, become particularly rankled when they find that a seemingly modest living person is actually very wealthy. They see it as easy pickings and conscience free. A sort of "if they don't want it then I know someone who does".

By whatever means.

Of course it isn't just lawyers and accountants who are exclusive to this sort of thing, but they do have the skills and means of removing sums from others 'legally'. 

2 minutes ago, AOR said:

There are some rich, wealthy, greedy lawyers and accountants, become particularly rankled when they find that a seemingly modest living person is actually very wealthy. They see it as easy pickings and conscience free. A sort of "if they don't want it then I know someone who does".

By whatever means.

Of course it isn't just lawyers and accountants who are exclusive to this sort of thing, but they do have the skills and means of removing sums from others 'legally'. 

The 'seemingly modest living person' was a lawyer himself.  

As I have said I have no knowledge of this, but am offering some other explanations which are not outlandish, particularly in the 1980s.  I cannot comment on the murder or alleged cover-up, other than to observe that the people who would engage in the scenario I have hypothesised, may not be averse to killing someone who was no longer helpful and, of course, the Met were not unsullied in the era either. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The 'seemingly modest living person' was a lawyer himself.  

Some of the richest people I’ve met live in modest homes that do not betray their wealth. To some it’s about being clever and wining the game not about displaying their perceived status. Roger Mexico mentioned Warren Buffett, and Jeff Bezos was still driving a 20 year old Toyota to the office until about 10 years ago. Elon Musk lives in a tiny bungalow in Texas close to his factories. This situation isn’t unusual especially for the 1980s. 

4 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Some of the richest people I’ve met live in modest homes that do not betray their wealth. To some it’s about being clever and wining the game not about displaying their perceived status. Roger Mexico mentioned Warren Buffett, and Jeff Bezos was still driving a 20 year old Toyota to the office until about 10 years ago. Elon Musk lives in a tiny bungalow in Texas close to his factories. This situation isn’t unusual especially for the 1980s. 

Warren Buffett's house is still many steps up from the home of the man in question. That house is a very ordinary home in that area. There will be many more properties in Surbiton that would not be ostentatious palaces but more in keeping with a man of his alleged wealth. 

As I say, I have no knowledge or skin in the game, but there is a huge disconnect between this man owning property all over the world, shopping malls etc. and his own home.

I have my own theory which I will keep to myself and it doesn't necessarily show the IOM in the best light, so that is not the reason behind it.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

i have my own theory which I will keep to myself and it doesn't necessarily show the IOM in the best light, so that is not the reason behind it.  

Oh yeah the settlement money has likely been long misappropriated and used to fund other stuff which is probably now owned by various parties who can now be linked to the wider fiduciary relationships. 

• Like 1