Amazon Prime delivery is now over 2 weeks to IOM

ManxForearms

I noticed at the end of July that all my amazon orders are being given a 15 day dispatch date, and its the same for everyone I know with Prime. This is still the case today. Ordering with my account to a UK address gets same day dispatch, as usual.  I ordered five items at the end of July and they are still saying dispatch will be on the 15th August. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Edited by ManxForearms

15 minutes ago, ManxForearms said:

I noticed at the end of July that all my amazon orders are being given a 15 day dispatch date, and its the same for everyone I know with Prime. This is still the case today. Ordering with my account to a UK address gets same day dispatch, as usual.  I ordered five items at the end of July and they are still saying dispatch will be on the 15th August. Does anyone know why this is happening?

They have changed the delivery window on Prime recently if you’re in the IOM. It makes you wonder what you’re paying for. 

19 minutes ago, ManxForearms said:

Some items have been a 2 week delivery to me. But a couple of them have estimated 2 weeks them shown up in 2 days. 

When with a 2 week delivery window it's still preferable to the experience of parking and shopping in Douglas Town.

• Like 2

Looking at the Computers, Components & Accessories section of amazon, all the products there have a delivery date of between 16-25 August, with the majority being the 24th. Are other prime users seeing different dates? Also can anyone confirm if  you still get quick delivery without prime, by paying for it? The whole reason I have prime is for the delivery speed, if its quicker without it then I will cancel it.

I wonder if this relates to how people have their address set up on their Amazon account.  If the Country/Region field is set to "United Kingdom" and Isle of Man is higher up in the address, then the system will presumably treat it just like anywhere else in the UK (excluding NI). 

But if the Country is "Isle of Man", then at least some parts of the system may be treating it as a funny foreign place and setting delivery times accordingly.

Of course this may not affect actual delivery time, as other bits of the system may still be treating the IOM as effectively part of the UK.  But it's confusing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I was offered a free trial. Well, when I say I was offered, there was no button to opt out. I just let it run thinking it would lapse at the end of the month, but no, I got charged. It’s now cancelled. Never used it, never wanted it. Bloody Amazon. 

This happened to me as well, despite carefully picking all the 'go away and stop pestering me' options.  Fortunately I realised and then cancelled it straight away, (and that was incredibly fussy to do as well) and then sent off various angry missives pointing out that this was almost certainly illegal.  No response of course, but at least they didn't try to charge me.