Amazon Prime delivery is now over 2 weeks to IOM

ManxForearms

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

so who sells Barkers or Loakes , Trickers    and has a range of broad fittings  just recently I cant even get a pair of Sketchers in a broad filling any more , I prefer to buy local and to try the shoes on properly in the shop ,   but its become impossible  to find anywhere who carries my size in stock 

I don’t buy expensive shoes so can’t help with the first list, but my wife like Skechers and you can get them in Sports Direct, the place in Port Erin, Curpheys and Turners InterSport.

Any will order any sizes they don’t have in  stock.

6 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

It seems they do batch orders together, and they do eventually turn up before the estimate. But it's a far cry from their old dispatch times.

When you're doing drops to a third world country it makes economic sense to batch them all together even if the customers have to wait a bit. The accountants say so 

Next step is they get dropped over Ronaldsway on a pallet with a couple of parachutes.

22 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

When I got in touch with Amazon's complaints dept, they blamed carrier capacity on the ferry.

It is ludicrous though, estimates for stuff being ordered now are January.

It seems they do batch orders together, and they do eventually turn up before the estimate. But it's a far cry from their old dispatch times.

Ordered 2 items recently on 25/11 & got advised of delivery 8/12 which was fine for Xmas present, actually arrived & delivered by Iom post on 6/12 so think it depends what you’re ordering & from whom

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 9:41 AM, Mikimoto said:

Just looked to send new Lee Childs book to my uncle via Prime.

UK mainland delivery is tomorrow, IOM is....3 Jan.

Same.  I put an order into Amzon today for my address here and it was all coming in early January.

Changed the delivery to my uncle in the UK (whose presents they will be) and they claimed guarenteed delivery next week. 

Out of interest, have you watched Reacher on Prime? 

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Poor Jersey & CI's having to go from next day to two day deliveries with DPD, now they'll have to cope with having the same service delivery levels that we do.

No alternative text description for this image

There's something up with DPD here too. I have a parcel with them sat in Leicestershire which the tracking informs me is "

Your parcel has been delayed due to an unexpected issue in your area

"

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of help on there either.

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

There's something up with DPD here too. I have a parcel with them sat in Leicestershire which the tracking informs me is "

Your parcel has been delayed due to an unexpected issue in your area

"

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of help on there either.

I had a FedEx parcel dispatched last week from Leyland, it went to Bradford, London, Lincoln, Shrewsbury then Oldham and finally here. "Delay due to routing error" it kept saying each day as it ended up at a random depot.

All of them probably going 'where the fuck is Castletown?', best send it to the next place and let them figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Out of interest, have you watched Reacher on Prime? 

Indeed I have.  Patrick Freyne sums it up well.

Reacher is entertaining because it follows a predictable pattern: introduce fresh idiot, have Reacher deliver comeuppance to fresh idiot, rinse and repeat.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/kill-them-reacher-i-shout-he-makes-them-crunch-and-squelch-and-i-laugh-myself-sick-1.4792796

• Like 2

Well to put my two penny worth in I looked at ordering a Christmas gift for my grandchild last week. Amazon said they could guarantee delivery by 29th of December.

I ordered the same item, same price with free delivery from Smyths the toy shop. Arrived two days later ( possibly three,  not sure but I think two) and was not hounded into some “ prime” membership thing by default which you have to jump through hoops not to sign up to