Amazon Prime delivery is now over 2 weeks to IOM

ManxForearms

13 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m still waiting for a Royal Mail 48 hours guaranteed delivery parcel sent on the 15th January. Cost me £9 in postage to not receive it in 10 days. The service is shite. 

Yeah yeah, as if anyone believes what you post!

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yeah yeah, as if anyone believes what you post!

Just living in the real world. I’ve ebayed around two grands worth of stuff since Xmas and sick of the shitty third world service in and out of here. If it’s not waiting ages for new stuff coming in it’s refunding the odd pissed off people who threaten to leave bad feedback as they paid £10 for 48 hour delivery on a package that took 2 weeks to get to them. Our postal service is fairly shite and they need to up their game. 

Here's an interesting one

I've just ordered something from Amazon (not available locally) and my default delivery address is my home in Douglas. 

I changed the delivery to my office address in Castletown, and suddenly the item was 'unavailable'. Swap back to my home address and it was available again.... 

Weird

• Like 1

2 hours ago, genericUserName said:

AFAIK parcels are scanned and the system updates when they arrive in Douglas after being picked up off the West Atlantic flight.

I suspect what happens is as soon as they are received by the UK handler (in this case West Atlantic) for the IOM,  they show on tracking as in the IOM.  That was the only way I could make sense of the tracking system and when I actually received stuff. 

25 minutes ago, kevster said:

Here's an interesting one

I've just ordered something from Amazon (not available locally) and my default delivery address is my home in Douglas. 

I changed the delivery to my office address in Castletown, and suddenly the item was 'unavailable'. Swap back to my home address and it was available again.... 

Weird

What item is not available locally?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Just living in the real world. I’ve ebayed around two grands worth of stuff since Xmas and sick of the shitty third world service in and out of here. If it’s not waiting ages for new stuff coming in it’s refunding the odd pissed off people who threaten to leave bad feedback as they paid £10 for 48 hour delivery on a package that took 2 weeks to get to them. Our postal service is fairly shite and they need to up their game. 

TBH, mail moving off the Island seems to move and be delivered very efficiently (Royal Mail strike periods excepted obviously). I posted a parcel to UK just after dinnertime on Monday and it was delivered on Tuesday morning. It's incoming mail that seems to be slow but I don't know if it's an issue of local making or RM making.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

TBH, mail moving off the Island seems to move and be delivered very efficiently (Royal Mail strike periods excepted obviously). I posted a parcel to UK just after dinnertime on Monday and it was delivered on Tuesday morning. It's incoming mail that seems to be slow but I don't know if it's an issue of local making or RM making.

Possibly the point of interchange between the two? 

5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

The lack of tools is bad too. Sent a package Tuesday and the tracker is still showing it’s on the IOM. Was sent guaranteed next day delivery. Fuck knows where it is as it’s Thursday and the receiver hasn’t got it either and the tracker shows that it still hasn’t left the IOM. Probably another I’ll have to refund at my cost because IOM Post are shit. 

• Haha 3