Amazon Prime delivery is now over 2 weeks to IOM

ManxForearms

Reading some comments here you realise where Manx radio get their listeners.  Amazon are having big supply chain issues due to staffing issues and Brexit and of course fuel prices, they have always operated a policy of refunding late orders so of course they are going to extend the window to cover that. If you don't like Amazon don't shop there, I usually opt for eBay as the same sellers charge less and ship quicker.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

they have always operated a policy of refunding late orders so of course they are going to extend the window to cover that.

That's exactly what I've suspected lies behind the change. I've been able to get quite a few refunds due to this policy.

Doubt I'll get many going forward with the longer delivery windows now in place.

The window is not unreasonable.

Postage  Isle of Man can be very hit and miss, usually miss. I do a lot of business to UK and parcels to here can take anything from between 5 days to 2 weeks.

(although parcels from here to UK usually less than 24 hours, 2 days at a push)

There is a bottleneck/s on parcel traffic to the Island.

Edited by AOR

I ordered a new nylon corded charging cable for my kindle via Amazon Prime. Didn't look at the delivery date until after I'd actually paid.  It was 13 August. I'd ordered on 4th. It arrived on 5th via the post. Tracking on Amazon says it's delayed!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

I ordered a new nylon corded charging cable for my kindle via Amazon Prime. Didn't look at the delivery date until after I'd actually paid.  It was 13 August. I'd ordered on 4th. It arrived on 5th via the post. Tracking on Amazon says it's delayed!

Same happened to me, ordered some placemats that arrived a week ahead of schedule yet the tracker is apologising as they are delayed...:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Same happened to me, ordered some placemats that arrived a week ahead of schedule yet the tracker is apologising as they are delayed...:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, snowman said:

The tracker isn't Amazon's fault. That's the delivery company who've probably missed a delivery scan.

I renewed my Prime this week. It's handy being a student 😎

I suspect it isn't just an IoM thing. Due to very slow post in UK down to Covid staffing  levels and other issues post can be unreliable.

Perhaps Amazon have increased their delivery time estimates to give themselves leeway 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

I suspect it isn't just an IoM thing. Due to very slow post in UK down to Covid staffing  levels and other issues post can be unreliable.

Perhaps Amazon have increased their delivery time estimates to give themselves leeway 

That certainly makes sense John but the issue is that it's the despatch that's being delayed rather than the delivery - Order date 1st August (in stock items) and despatch on the 8th August? There also seems to be an increase in 'cannot ship to your location items' It's a shame really as I'm a big Prime fan

5 minutes ago, On The Level said:

That certainly makes sense John but the issue is that it's the despatch that's being delayed rather than the delivery - Order date 1st August (in stock items) and despatch on the 8th August? There also seems to be an increase in 'cannot ship to your location items' It's a shame really as I'm a big Prime fan

I suspect that's down to arranging one collection a week from the despatch point rather than daily

I ordered a new 8ft spinning rod via Amazon Prime. The delivery date was 18th Aug which was 2 weeks away.

It actually arrived on the 9th in a box that was 135 cm x 75 cm x 10 cm! The box was full of paper to stop it rattling around.

The delivery driver told me he was well shot of it.

We are cancelling our Prime membership...