Amazon Prime delivery is now over 2 weeks to IOM

ManxForearms

51 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Ordered a microwave from them yesterday morning, expected delivery was 30th August, it's just been delivered! 

I ordered invisible ink last Friday, delivery 2 weeks, arrived Wednesday but I can't find it... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/11/2022 at 7:36 PM, NoTailT said:

I just checked some of my recent Amazon orders and yeah, they're being really slow. There's like 5 items bundled in to the same delivery expectation.

image.png.ca88944643f0a0b941ac095756ae69e7.png

This is typical of my company ordering from UK.

We're based in Douglas, easily accessible, 7/24.

Occasionally it may be down to say 4 days, but generally when anything is ordered I have to al[ow 2 weeks in the wait of death. Oh, and Hermes.Evri can fro for a start.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping to send my mum some new dvds.

Did a dummy order to myself (England), delivery tomorrow, then put her IOM address in:

guaranteed for....21 September!!! Tried with 3 different dvds, all with Prime.

Last thing I sent took 12 days and 3 calls before it was even dispatched.

Firstly I have have found that 90% of 'the stuff' I have had a look to buy from Amazon has been 'Currently not available' with the proviso of no guarantee that it will be restocked.

Secondly, a lot of this delay could be down to the well-worn catch-all excuse of 'supply chains'.

I ordered a power tool from Amazon on 8 Aug that was given an estimated delivery date of 24 Aug.  Nothing happened until it was dispatched on 13 Aug - from somewhere in central France. From there it went to Sabadell (Spain) and then to the Netherlands, across to the UK and finally arrived ahead of the estimated delivery date by 4 days.

If some items are having to be dug out from warehouses in goodness knows where, no wonder some of the delivery schedules are bordering on the ridiculous.

Ordered pair of sneakers 12th of July from amazon supplier. Not in stock do not know if or when they will be back in stock. Forgot all about them ordered a pair from different supplier early August arrived 6 days later, low and behold original order arrives 2 days later. No email advising they have them and would I still want them. Due to no UPS drop off on island am having to post them from whence they came, a fuck off humongous central ware house in Nurberg   Germany. No idea what postage will be, but judging from other threads I am not looking forward to it and not that sure if cost is down to me or not. But with my luck I can guess.

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Ordered pair of sneakers 12th of July from amazon supplier. Not in stock do not know if or when they will be back in stock. Forgot all about them ordered a pair from different supplier early August arrived 6 days later, low and behold original order arrives 2 days later. No email advising they have them and would I still want them. Due to no UPS drop off on island am having to post them from whence they came, a fuck off humongous central ware house in Nurberg   Germany. No idea what postage will be, but judging from other threads I am not looking forward to it and not that sure if cost is down to me or not. But with my luck I can guess.

Serves you right for calling them sneakers

• Haha 7

When you buy stuff on Amazon, it's often not clear where it comes from. I ordered a couple of batteries (to be posted to a UK address) , one came in 2 days, the other nearly 2 weeks, as it turned out it was sent from France. It might be amazon UK, or (some other location of amazon) , or 'marketplace' , where some random 3rd party business is the actual supplier, just using amazon as a retail platform.

2 hours ago, Bombay Bad Boy said:

When you buy stuff on Amazon, it's often not clear where it comes from. I ordered a couple of batteries (to be posted to a UK address) , one came in 2 days, the other nearly 2 weeks, as it turned out it was sent from France. It might be amazon UK, or (some other location of amazon) , or 'marketplace' , where some random 3rd party business is the actual supplier, just using amazon as a retail platform.

You were lucky they arrived at all. Batteries are normally a no-no