Amazon Prime delivery is now over 2 weeks to IOM

ManxForearms

22 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think this is an Amazon-related thing.  I had the same experience this week trying to buy a book.  Available from Amazon itself with 25 or so other options shown.  But click to list those and none are available.  Switch location to an English postcode and they are. 

Most of them would have been delivering directly and it seems unlikely that all these would refuse to sell to here.  More likely Amazon is blocking for some reason, presumably to increase profits.

IOM is now international for Amazon.co.uk I have had 2 instances recently when placing orders from amazon one was shipping from Spain, the other Germany both took 2 weeks before they were even 'dispatched', neither were assigned a tracking number and neither arrived, I got a refund without question, but ended up nearly 4 weeks down the line having to order the same thing elsewhere.

Perversely one little hack is if you order things from Amazon.com below $100 you are not liable for import duty although you pay a few dollars for shipping, last item I ordered was £92 on amazon.co.uk vs  $72 on amazon.com + $8 shipping (£66) and it was here in 4 days.

2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

All that I buy on t'internet cannot be bought on island or has a massive waiting list and costs a good deal more................De-Walt batteries, wrangler jeans, pop up plug seals, special battery for garage plipper and so on.

Slaters is a good website and store for Wranglers, and they stock many other brands

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think this is an Amazon-related thing.  I had the same experience this week trying to buy a book.  Available from Amazon itself with 25 or so other options shown.  But click to list those and none are available.  Switch location to an English postcode and they are. 

Most of them would have been delivering directly and it seems unlikely that all these would refuse to sell to here.  More likely Amazon is blocking for some reason, presumably to increase profits.

Perhaps, Professor Ashford or Jason Moorehouse could ask questions in the HOK …………. I say sarcastically.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

There isn’t a great local choice and certainly a shop which stocks a certain size. The Clarks Shop usually doesn’t keep size 6 in stock, so it has to be ordered. M&S is the same. 

So it’s got to be ordered via a local shop , why’s that different than ordering online & complaining about delays?

2 hours ago, HiVibes said:

IOM is now international for Amazon.co.uk I have had 2 instances recently when placing orders from amazon one was shipping from Spain, the other Germany both took 2 weeks before they were even 'dispatched', neither were assigned a tracking number and neither arrived, I got a refund without question, but ended up nearly 4 weeks down the line having to order the same thing elsewhere.

I’ve cancelled orders for about £600 of stuff on Amazon in the last week for that reason. Still in dispatch after 10 days so frankly I’ll go any buy the item somewhere else that can actually dispatch it after taking my money. 

4 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

All that I buy on t'internet cannot be bought on island or has a massive waiting list and costs a good deal more................De-Walt batteries, wrangler jeans, pop up plug seals, special battery for garage plipper and so on.

Wrangler jeans were downstairs in sports direct last time I was there.

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Wrangler jeans were downstairs in sports direct last time I was there.

They do stock a lot of brands in sports direct as well as premier league football shirts as I got a LFC one same price as official website & didn’t want to rely on mail

Edited by Banker

6 hours ago, Banker said:

Buy some in a local shop!!

so who sells Barkers or Loakes , Trickers    and has a range of broad fittings  just recently I cant even get a pair of Sketchers in a broad filling any more , I prefer to buy local and to try the shoes on properly in the shop ,   but its become impossible  to find anywhere who carries my size in stock 

16 minutes ago, Omobono said:

so who sells Barkers or Loakes , Trickers    and has a range of broad fittings  just recently I cant even get a pair of Sketchers in a broad filling any more , I prefer to buy local and to try the shoes on properly in the shop ,   but its become impossible  to find anywhere who carries my size in stock 

Curpheys used to do Barkers and Sketchers certainly.