Government can’t help everyone

Bandits

5 hours ago, Zarley said:
5 hours ago, 2112 said:

The KPMG report will look like the biggest waste of taxpayers money since the last DOI project, if there is a GE in the UK. Unlikely but not impossible. 

Speaking of which...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/aug/25/liz-truss-wins-election-tory-prime-minister 

There is always one Guardian commentator who is always referred to as "highly respected" and is well-connected and is very much the voice of the Establishment and sees themself as moderate and  well-informed and sensible.  And they are always wrong about everything.  And no one ever points this out or suggests replacing them with anyone who gets things right.  Because the important thing in British 'liberal' journalism is to say the same things as everyone else in the right 'tone' of wishful thinking and upper middle-class entitlement.

The current holder of this role is Jonathan Freeland, but Martin Kettle did the job before him (and Hugo Young before that) and Kettle is sometimes used when an extra dose of bland obtuseness is needed.  So you can now guarantee that there will not be a UK General Election when Truss becomes PM.  And of course she doesn't need one, unlike Johnson, when he succeeded, she has a majority.

2 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Did Alf have anything useful to say on The Mannin Line today?

He came across well I though.

re Crogga.  He basically said if they as a business want to accelerate things and get going before the agreed timelines then that is a decision for them and not government.

It sounded like he was giving them the green light and if that’s the case then my previous understanding the IoMG were holding them back was wrong.  Fingers crossed they get things moving ASAP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

He came across well I though.

re Crogga.  He basically said if they as a business want to accelerate things and get going before the agreed timelines then that is a decision for them and not government.

It sounded like he was giving them the green light and if that’s the case then my previous understanding the IoMG were holding them back was wrong.  Fingers crossed they get things moving ASAP

*Certiain members of COMIN are trying to hold them back, is how I understand it.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Isle of Man Government Agency congratulates employee for coming 2nd, a team which they also sponsor to the tune of many thousands of pounds.' 

So the gov. gives money to people so that they can play computer games? What is the money used for? Is there any nepotism involved?

Some of the more aged members of this forum probably played Leisure Suit Larry In The Land Of The Lounge Lizards and didn't get paid a penny for doing that.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

So the gov. gives money to people so that they can play computer games? What is the money used for? Is there any nepotism involved?

Some of the more aged members of this forum probably played Leisure Suit Larry In The Land Of The Lounge Lizards and didn't get paid a penny for doing that.

From what I know, he works for Digital Agency and also runs an ESPORTS team that the Digital Agency sponsor to the tune of many a thousand pounds per year.

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I am no fan of Joney Faragher but for goodness sake if she wants to sell whatever for not a lot on a selling site on Facebook surely it is down to her.   It is her own business no one elses..   I really think people need to take a hard look at themselves if this kind of action agitates them .   Get a life.

The only thing Ms Faragher is selling on Facebook is prospects of a better new tomorrow, whilst working hard for constituents & others every day

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Roxanne said:

And it’s always women that bear the brunt of the ongoing personal attacks.

I object to that , I was referring to a labour MHK on the island, their gender is irrelevant, my point was, what i see as a disconnect in what Labour should stand for, how they should be seen to be acting, and what they do. Show me anything misogynistic in my posts, anything demeaning to women.

I had a whinge about Laurie Hooper earlier this week ,do you think I thought Laurie was a woman's name? 

• Like 1