Government can’t help everyone

Bandits

6 hours ago, Holte End said:

Well the MUA did, it gave out £16million. Didn't matter if you were a high net worth or a poor fucker like me.

And the Airport is only at 30% of budget a good part of which was likely it not being arsed collecting £50K a month in car parking fees. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/politics/manx-government-expected-to-be-ps21m-in-the-red-559373

Also DESC £8.2M over budget of which £3.4M was the teachers pay award so what was the other £5M? Heating classes with the windows open all the time and installing various unneeded ventilation solutions to placate a load of crackers parents?

13 hours ago, 0bserver said:

I had the chance to chat with two members of Tynwald this week and if I'm honest I was taken aback by how out of sync with reality they were. 

Could you please elaborate? I'm not asking for the names of the two members, only the jist of the conversations. 

10 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Could you please elaborate? I'm not asking for the names of the two members, only the jist of the conversations

I also am interested in the views of these politicians. I am also interested in their names - unless, of course, they do not want the electorate to be able to attach a name to their views on life, the universe, and everything else.

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I also am interested in the views of these politicians. I am also interested in their names - unless, of course, they do not want the electorate to be able to attach a name to their views on life, the universe, and everything else.

I'm still gobsmacked at the silence from so many of them . Especially bearing in mind the party they are supposed to represent . 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I'm still gobsmacked at the silence from so many of them . Especially bearing in mind the party they are supposed to represent . 

Do you mean the MLP?

Most of our elected representatives are "independent", which seems to either mean "I'm just in it for me" or that they just don't want to openly admit they're Tories (aka The Nasty Party).

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Do you mean the MLP?

Most of our elected representatives are "independent", which seems to either mean "I'm just in it for me" or that they just don't want to openly admit they're Tories (aka The Nasty Party).

Yes I do.. 

Joney Faragher doesnt sound very 'independant ' from her blog on the Labour party site . 

Joney is the official representative of the party in public, she is responsible for leading the overall direction of the party and acts as its public face. She is our principal media contact and can make remarks and release statements on behalf of the party when the membership have already made their intentions and opinions known to her.

Edited by Numbnuts

Just now, Numbnuts said:

Yes I do.. 

Joney Faragher doesnt sound very 'independant ' from her blog on the Pabour party site . 

Joney is the official representative of the party in public, she is responsible for leading the overall direction of the party and acts as its public face. She is our principal media contact and can make remarks and release statements on behalf of the party when the membership have already made their intentions and opinions known to her.

Of course JF isn't independent,  she's MLP. I was talking about the others who are not members of MLP, LibVannin or the Greens, the latter of whom failed to get anyone elected last September.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Holte End said:

Well the MUA did, it gave out £16million. Didn't matter if you were a high net worth or a poor fucker like me.

Who did the MUA give £16m to - do you mean their subsidy of electricity prices? That can only be a good thing & has to continue for the next few winters

1 hour ago, Zarley said:

Could you please elaborate? I'm not asking for the names of the two members, only the jist of the conversations. 

It's only my personal opinion from speaking to them, but I was surprised by:

1) The seeming lack of urgency, there seemed to be no urgency to recall Tynwald. 

2) They seemed content with the level of support that Treasury are proposing 

3) They didn't seem to believe there was a need to rein in Government spending and get costs under control. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1