Government can’t help everyone

Bandits

7 hours ago, NoTailT said:

What even is this? Swear they are making it all up.

Screenshot_20220823-003232_LinkedIn.jpg

Ah, 'you see Deemster Corlett, you don't need to worry about the alleged falsification of data in the Ranson case, we're on it, we've,well the tax payer, has  even employed someone to keep an eye on this sort of thing'

• Like 2

23 hours ago, cissolt said:

Some absolutely staggering salaries mentioned!  

What's the wage bill for all of these chief's/ directors in manxcare?

And where are they all living. Look no further for the source of the housing 'crisis'. Massive recruitment drive with enhancements for relocating and no plan for where they are to live. Still every cloud, moves us towards Alfs 100K and increases the economically active population (subject to loopholes and individual contracts).

Also telling is Climate change staffing. Look at DEFA, Cabinet Office and AGs for new legislation, policies and reports and erm... tree planting.

1 minute ago, WTF said:

2nd task, show DHSC how to falsify metadata.

There was also withheld data (Henrietta's phone included), suspected deletion of documents and phone data.

If they put as much effort into their medical record security as they do into covering up their bullying maybe they wouldn't keep getting fined.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cissolt said:

There was also withheld data (Henrietta's phone included), suspected deletion of documents and phone data.

If they put as much effort into their medical record security as they do into covering up their bullying maybe they wouldn't keep getting fined.

Faking metadata to a shit standard like they've (allegedly) done isn't exactly hard.

Edited by 0bserver

Todays belters comes courtesy of the NPM and the IOMG. The 15 year plan is believed to be costing ‘KPMG could be paid £2 million’ for its work. The Treasury says it can’t give an accurate figure yet. I thought this piece of fantasy fiction was costing £1 million, it seems that whatever IOMG are commissioning these days is completely over budget, or as per usual we are not getting the full story. 

Still IOMG can’t help everyone but it can certainly help its friends. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/public-asked-to-feedback-on-new-economic-strategy/ 

Chief Minister asks for thoughts on Island's financial position

Government is asking for views on the future of the Island's economy.

It's in response to the launch of it's new Our Island, Our Future strategy last month and amid a cost of living crisis.

The draft report includes a number of aims for the next 10 to 15 years including:

• Growing the Island’s population to 100,000 residents by 2037

• Reaching a GDP of £10bn by 2032, across existing key sectors and new business sectors, with 5,000 new jobs created and filled

• Generating over £200m of additional annual income to reinvest in services by 2032

• Substantially decarbonising the services parts of the Island’s economy by 2030, supporting an overall reduction of 35 per cent in the Island’s greenhouse gas emissions

The document was created after months of research and economic analysis by KPMG.

Now government has launched a consultation asking for public feedback on the plans.

"The draft economic strategy has been built upon months of research and evidence gathering that has led us to the conclusion that we must do something different to ensure the future prosperity of our people." - Alfred Cannan

Chief Minister Alfred Cannan says the strategy will impact all residents: "The consultation being launched asks everybody to take a stake in the future of the Island’s economy by expressing their ideas, alongside highlighting aspirations and economic shifts they’re in support of, in order to help us bring a stronger, updated version back to Tynwald in November."

The consultation is open until 30 September and you can share your views here.

There is no "here" here. They've omitted the link.

Sometimes I have to wonder if 2112 isn't that far off the mark when he insinuates that Manx Radio is in cahoots with government. Wouldn't making sure a link to the consultation appeared was a priority - the whole point really - of publishing the article?

I find searching for things on the government website to be a frustrating PITA that I'll only reluctantly attempt, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. The only person I'm aware of who has much success with it is Roger Mexico.

• Like 1

@Zarleyit seems that CM Cannan hasn’t got a clue both as to how the island is suffering or could potentially suffer. If he does his understanding is coming solely from the perspective of its chums, the developers, the estate agents, Athol Street, and it’s preferential hotel chums. It isn’t bothered to get the view of the average taxpayers. Even the lower wage civil servants - the AAs and AOs are badly affected and they either rent or have mortgages. Not a chance of these taxpayers having much disposable income to have a meal or night out in 1886. 

Like I have said policy is driven by KPMG, who in addition to their plan, tell CM Cannan what he wants to hear. He seems to be like a child who sticks his fingers in his ears and yells ‘nah nah de nah nah I can’t hear you’.  With CM Cannans push to increase the population, it will directly benefit CM Cannan and other recruitment agencies, who will be winners. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It isn’t bothered to get the view of the average taxpayers.

Allegedly they do want to get the average taxpayers' view, but MR can't be bothered to ensure a link to the consultation is published. We'll probably never hear anything more about it until it's closed and Cannan claims it was a roaring success that backs his plans. 

This will be yet another poorly advertised, lip-service consultation where the taxpayers' views will be ignored and the responses shredded at the first opportunity. 

Yes, I'm cynical. Can you blame me?

• Like 4