Government can’t help everyone

Bandits

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

It will be interesting to see if there was a expression of interest/tender exercise for the 15 year plan

CoMin should be concentrating it's efforts on living within it's means for the next four years, ie. balancing it's budget without 'judicious recourse to reserves'

Instead it's spent £2m on advice it will largely ignore

Government is out of strict financial control

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, 2112 said:

They are going hell for leather in their population drive. Have you not seen the locate.im banners afixed to walls on the TT course? 

It will be interesting to see if there was a expression of interest/tender exercise for the 15 year plan? Or if other big name accountants were asked like PWC, Deloittes etc. No doubt the phrase ‘Commercial Confidentiality’ will be trotted out.

There was a tendering process and firms on and off island applied

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

Do what you can to respond to the suggestions in the draft plan

I've just had a quick look through the consultation and I'll go back and do it properly when I: a) have more time, and b) don't have the banging headache I do at the moment. 

I've also forwarded the link to friends and family who will likely have enough interest to respond. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

A good Government shouldn’t have to help everyone and that’s the whole problem. We should be thriving and the place is falling a part. Government is too top heavy and too many years of who you know and not what you know to get government roles has made them make mistakes as they don’t know what they are doing. They have sat back and spent money nilly milly on their own pipe dreams and not put it into education. None of them have a clue. You just have to look at the recent trip to Canada ( money is no object attitude) did it need 4 people? Could it not be one person and for them to take notes if it was that important.

They think by bringing more people here will save the day, take the heat off their addiction of spending other peoples money.  Like buying in  to something on HP and paying later for infrastructure etc to squander more money instead of staying away  from that pretend money tree they think they have. All you have to do is look at the flumes and you can see their craziness. only 4.2 mil. Are they usable yet? 
it is so sad to see how this island has gone down hill. The craziest  part is they will get voted back in, in 4 years time.

the whole lot needs sorting out . Government and local boards.

7 council vans with 7 workers to fix two roofs on a council estate last week .All had a van each. Do they need that many vans to do a job? Who pays for  the fuel, putting the vehicles in for routine checks?  US. Can you imagine the waste in money on just vehicles in one year across  government and local boards? 

reycling thinking about the climate . Hmmm

and that’s just one area.

Regarding the CPA Canada Trip, what should have been done is attendance at these types of conference should be scrapped until the island is in a position to be financially sustainable. Whether the CPA pays or not is immaterial. These are nice to attend, or have luxuries.

Council Vans - there are many on here with connections to the Corpy who seriously need to address this. It’s also worth noting the silence of both the 2 MLP MHKs Joney Faragher and Sarah Maltby during the current financial cost of living issue, silence from the Manx Labour Party and silence from MLP Douglas Councillors. If this was a matter such as environmental concerns you wouldn’t be able to shut them up. It’s a shame that a political party that put so much traction into the housing crisis and standards of living has remained silent when it’s voice matters most. Perhaps they have nothing constructive to say, especially as one of their members sits within the Treasury. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cambon said:

Is it widely predicted? I have only heard one American banker from Citi suggest it, and the media scaremongering with it. 

Citi Bank are a well respected firm. Whether it’s 18% is another thing but it’s very likely to be at least 15% inflation rate. It’s likely to be higher here due to the cost of importing goods to the island. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

Regarding the CPA Canada Trip, what should have been done is attendance at these types of conference should be scrapped until the island is in a position to be financially sustainable. Whether the CPA pays or not is immaterial. These are nice to attend, or have luxuries.

Council Vans - there are many on here with connections to the Corpy who seriously need to address this. It’s also worth noting the silence of both the 2 MLP MHKs Joney Faragher and Sarah Maltby during the current financial cost of living issue, silence from the Manx Labour Party and silence from MLP Douglas Councillors. If this was a matter such as environmental concerns you wouldn’t be able to shut them up. It’s a shame that a political party that put so much traction into the housing crisis and standards of living has remained silent when it’s voice matters most. Perhaps they have nothing constructive to say, especially as one of their members sits within the Treasury. 

Ms Faragher has not been silent during the current cost of living crisis

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Citi Bank are a well respected firm. Whether it’s 18% is another thing but it’s very likely to be at least 15% inflation rate. It’s likely to be higher here due to the cost of importing goods to the island. 

I remember outlying predictions of 10%+ inflation and UK energy price caps of £4,300 being laughed at. 

It's not so funny now.

3 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Ms Faragher has not been silent during the current cost of living crisis

Where is she? She hasn’t been vocal or coming out with ideas! Missing in Action, along with Sarah Maltby, who must be consulting Daddy before making decisions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I remember outlying predictions of 10%+ inflation and UK energy price caps of £4,300 being laughed at. 

It's not so funny now.

Horrific. Lots of IOMG lovers and hangers on will be lining up to tell you how everything in the Manx Garden is tickety boo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

It's not so funny now.

There was also an absolutely horrendous prediction for the price of gas in the near future too a couple of days ago too but I can't find it at the moment 🙁

Screenshot_20220823-200320_Chrome.jpg

43 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

Sarah Maltby has been busy with her personal news letters that daddy gave to her constituents. She would be better buying them a loaf of bread and a pint of milk.  I hope the newsletters are recyclable. Unless she is looking for them to be framed.

The letters will make excellent firelighters to start a fire with. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

There was also an absolutely horrendous prediction for the price of gas in the near future too a couple of days ago too but I can't find it at the moment 🙁

Screenshot_20220823-200320_Chrome.jpg

Was that the £6,500 'price cap' prediction? I saw that too. 

I honestly cannot understand why Alf Cannan isn't making a statement about progressing Crogga with any assistance they need. It's economic suicide at this point not to start drilling. Fuck the sea grass.

• Thanks 1