IOM government conference

Banker

1 hour ago, Newsdesk said:

There’s at least 2 in Ballasalla and 2 in Douglas. Domicullium, Manx Telecom, Continent 8 and Netcetera. 

Is there now the ability to go west (Ireland) as an alternative to UK with MT for internet communication?

The one thing that has always made me smile is the way IOMG use words like "resilience" & "stable" when it comes to a marketing the digital economy. It's far from it.

• Like 1

The real point is that 'they' don't have the answers, they have no means to control or influence the answers and so the parish council is just winging it. 

It really is about time this was recognised and reality was looked at square in the face. 

On the Mannin Line yesterday, I think, David Quirk, ex-MHK and now Onchan Commissioner proclaimed that if we didn't have energy self-sufficiency, a lot of businesses will not move here.  I hope I misheard that, but I think most businesses will not move here if we cannot demonstrate reliable energy from whatever source  hopefully mainly sustainable. 

That is the thing with Manx politics, it is populated with bumptious individuals who think their gut feel is the true way.  You know, like the crashing bore down the pub who is a self-proclaimed expert on everything, but has knowledge of little. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The real point is that 'they' don't have the answers, they have no means to control or influence the answers and so the parish council is just winging it. 

It really is about time this was recognised and reality was looked at square in the face. 

On the Mannin Line yesterday, I think, David Quirk, ex-MHK and now Onchan Commissioner proclaimed that if we didn't have energy self-sufficiency, a lot of businesses will not move here.  I hope I misheard that, but I think most businesses will not move here if we cannot demonstrate reliable energy from whatever source  hopefully mainly sustainable. 

That is the thing with Manx politics, it is populated with bumptious individuals who think their gut feel is the true way.  You know, like the crashing bore down the pub who is a self-proclaimed expert on everything, but has knowledge of little. 

If a panel containing the Chief Minister and Mark Lewin doesn't have answers on the economy, its even more worrying.

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

+1. The additional bad news is that we are not in a starting position of resilience either, already laden with public sector debt.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

If a panel containing the Chief Minister and Mark Lewin doesn't have answers on the economy, its even more worrying.

What answers do you think they should have? They are not actually in control of our economy despite the blind belief otherwise. 

27 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

To be fair Lewin gets most of it. But he has almost the shitest team around him. Second division vision looking at the premier next season, but Sunday league delivery.