IOM government conference

Banker

The technology part is left vague deliberately, if we knew they wasted 10k on some qr codes or something equally as daft there would be outrage.

Shame we don't know the cost to tax payer in terms of time spent on planning, organising and attending for civil servants and politicians.  Probably takes the figure to over 200,000.

• 6 months later...
10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

CM Cannan announced the return of the two day loss making Government conference. Should be highly entertaining considering the year gone by. 

Well it’s not compulsory to attend but I thought parts were very good & others were shit, taken on board feedback & more in evenings longer for questions etc 

Im sure you’ll be there asking lots of questions?

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Well it’s not compulsory to attend but I thought parts were very good & others were shit, taken on board feedback & more in evenings longer for questions etc 

Im sure you’ll be there asking lots of questions?

As I’m paying for it I’ll be there, but IOMG couldn’t care about protecting the taxpayer, they are spendthrift. 

• Like 1

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

Apparently:

This year's conference will focus on several key themes - housing, education and skills, and finance and government budgets.

Not health though.  Funny that.

Hilarious 😂 

The themes will be whatever CM Cannan wants it to be. 

This sh1t looks a lot like the annual PR China wank fest' they hold to worship Chairman "Winnie The Pooh"  Xi Jinping

All Hail Alf, All Hail Chairman Alf..

Have they got planning permission sorted for a few big statues and murals of your glorious leader yet?

Barf.......................

You really are fuc9ed

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

This sh1t looks a lot like the annual PR China wank fest' they hold to worship Chairman "Winnie The Pooh"  Xi Jinping

All Hail Alf, All Hail Chairman Alf..

Have they got planning permission sorted for a few big statues and murals of your glorious leader yet?

Barf.......................

You really are fuc9ed

Nobody cares what a WhenI thinks!!

As you might expect, the Manx Radio piece is taken from a government press release with little alteration:

The Isle of Man Government has announced the dates for its annual two-day Government Conference, this year focused on the three themes of housing and infrastructure, education and skills and finance and budgets.

Certainly education to prevent clumsy and ungrammatical sentences should be a priority. 

It's worth reproducing the 'quote' from Cannan in full to show its monumental vacuousness:

I am looking forward welcoming members of the Manx public once again to engage with Government at the annual Conference in September. Last year we received much feedback and engaged in interesting conversations arising from various panels and Q&A sessions, the outcomes of which informed further development of the Island Plan and Economic Strategy.

‘Following feedback from 2022, this year’s agenda will offer key sessions at more flexible times to provide greater access for more of our community, and will focus on three key themes: Housing, education and skills and finance and government budgets.

‘I hope this year’s Government Conference will spark the same level of engagement and conversation, and invite all Island residents to join the event as we collectively work towards building a more secure, vibrant and sustainable future for our Island.’

As ever it's all vague aspirational cliches.  They can't even say something basic and concrete like "There will also be evening sessions so more people can attend".  Possibly because there won't be.

You also get the impression that they really regard 'feedback' rather as most musicians do - an irritating noise that the technical staff should make go away. 

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

CM Cannan announced the return of the two day loss making Government conference. Should be highly entertaining considering the year gone by. 

I’m not sure it is supposed to be a money making experience/ event

How would you make money out of such a thing?

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Addition of second paragraph
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

You also get the impression that they really regard 'feedback' rather as most musicians do - an irritating noise that the technical staff should make go away. 

A*

• Like 1

• 7 months later...