IOM government conference

Banker

34 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Will this replace the current man in a van taking photos pretending it's ANPR?  Or will we just have lots of DOI vans sitting round with tiny digital cameras taking pictures then manually sorting through them?

That’s IOM ANPR otherwise known as Alan Neil Paul Roger’s who sits in his white van at the roadside writing down number plate numbers so he can drive back to Ellerslie and then look them up. 

I went to the Government Conference on both days and thought it was a great improvement on last year at the Villa Marina when there were parallel sessions. This year every attendee had the opportunity to hear the same presentations and take part in all discussions.

I'm not sure how many people travelled by bus but it was good to see a demand for electric chargers.

Talking about sustainability is not the same as practising it.

1 minute ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I went to the Government Conference on both days and thought it was a great improvement on last year at the Villa Marina when there were parallel sessions. This year every attendee had the opportunity to hear the same presentations and take part in all discussions.

Was there any room for dissent?

• Haha 2

Heard that idiot Quirk on Mannin line saying he had been at government conference and was complaining about all the English registrations in car park and thinks they should be charged £50 on entry and refunded if genuine visitors which he doubted, the idiot obviously doesn’t know it’s the festival of motoring with lots staying at Comis.

He wanted the police up checking them, why does Wint let him on every day talking bollocks ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

Heard that idiot Quirk on Mannin line saying he had been at government conference and was complaining about all the English registrations in car park and thinks they should be charged £50 on entry and refunded if genuine visitors which he doubted, the idiot obviously doesn’t know it’s the festival of motoring with lots staying at Comis.

He wanted the police up checking them, why does Wint let him on every day talking bollocks ?

The Mount Murray/ Comis is a hotel that takes guests.

Edited by Moghrey Mie
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Banker said:

I agree with your post, but would add, that Quirkio isn’t probably clued up, and wouldn’t have known or been aware of the Motoring Rally, and many attendees were staying at the Comis. 

However, the suggestion of English registration and checking etc may not be as far fetched, especially if the Police get all these powers in IOMG border strategy.

Reading the online reports of this conference it was clearly just another government circle-jerk event that more government officers than public attended. I read the report online from the tourist session and it reads as totally delusional. 

Just now, Sceptic said:

Reading the online reports of this conference it was clearly just another government circle-jerk event that more government officers than public attended. I read the report online from the tourist session and it reads as totally delusional. 

In what way?

Edited by Moghrey Mie

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I agree with your post, but would add, that Quirkio isn’t probably clued up, and wouldn’t have known or been aware of the Motoring Rally, and many attendees were staying at the Comis. 

However, the suggestion of English registration and checking etc may not be as far fetched, especially if the Police get all these powers in IOMG border strategy.

there are  at least 350 UK registered cars here this week taking part in the big classic car rally  Quirky should  set an example by engaging brain before opening  mouth , and the Comis  will be full of them , so its obvious there will be several on the car park , I just hope none of the Rally people  listen to the Mannin line 

4 minutes ago, Omobono said:

there are  at least 350 UK registered cars here this week taking part in the big classic car rally  Quirky should  set an example by engaging brain before opening  mouth , and the Comis  will be full of them , so its obvious there will be several on the car park , I just hope none of the Rally people  listen to the Mannin line 

I saw a bunch of Porsches and Ferrari's rocking up there yesterday morning.  There were a couple of seconds of puzzlement and amusement that they were HNWs all turning up for the conference.  Then my brain engaged. 

3 hours ago, Banker said:

The people of Onchan serially re-elected this individual to the HoK. That’s why I never visit the place - I don’t want them to get me!