IOM government conference

Banker

14 minutes ago, asitis said:

Many businessmen were actually working instead of listening to this drivel !

Indeed...many businesses actually despise this government....and function despite it.

There is little if any business acumen in government here, hasn't been since Gelling's days.

That's the fault of 60% of the electorate IMO, who are largely oblivious to it.

• Thanks 5

has any journalist ever had the balls (or opportunity) to put the ever growing list of failures of the Government to the CM? One of many questions going aorund my head at 3am this morning! He (and the CS/rest of govt) just carry on like everythings rosey in the garden while consistently butt-fucking the manx public. When you stop to think about everything its quite astounding how this lot have managed to trump (and by some way) the last lot, and the lot before them, and the lot...........

While he would probably dish out the same BS while not actually answering any questions, its interesting that they seem to be oblivious to the fact that they are rapidly running the Island into the dirt.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Indeed...many businesses actually despise this government....and function despite it.

There is little if any business acumen in government here, hasn't been since Gelling's days.

That's the fault of 60% of the electorate IMO, who are largely oblivious to it.

That's a bit unfair on the electorate who can only elect the people who choose to stand.  And the business people had the chance to tackle the politicians and put their points to them at this Conference - it's not something they would get the chance to do in most countries.

But there does seem to be a dissatisfaction with this particular administration that I can't remember before.  Even people who I wouldn't have seen as being political are unhappy and critical.  They may not be connecting with business, but they're alienating ordinary people as well.

I heard someone question at the Conference why the Government were still talking about  'strategies':  a strategy is something you should have decided in the first six months of government.  These people seem to hate the idea of actually doing stuff or even making decisions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Weliveinhope said:

While he would probably dish out the same BS while not actually answering any questions, its interesting that they seem to be oblivious to the fact that they are rapidly running the Island into the dirt.

Never-mind he’s called a team of CS top experts in. The lead one has just established the TITCRESS file to set up the Top In-house Team for Cost-saving Results under Extreme Stress

IMG_5563.jpeg

IMG_5564.jpeg

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's a bit unfair on the electorate who can only elect the people who choose to stand.  And the business people had the chance to tackle the politicians and put their points to them at this Conference - it's not something they would get the chance to do in most countries.

But there does seem to be a dissatisfaction with this particular administration that I can't remember before.  Even people who I wouldn't have seen as being political are unhappy and critical.

Allied to this, in my opinion, alongside a very lacklustre political cadre, is a civil service leadership largely (very largely) lacking in a ‘history’ here. Didn’t grow up here, not educated here, limited or no family background here, no community commitment. As such, I think it’s likely that the focus of the civil service top tier lacks a personal connection to the well-being and advancement of the Island. They may also regard the politicians, who generally do have a more local complexion, as ‘right’ about the answers that the Island needs. When very often, they’re not.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2