IOM government conference

Banker

3 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

Or wealthy people. I believe the break out session run by the CoC on the economic strategy (the only thing most people will be wanting to attend) is now invite only or they’re charging people to attend. No wonder few are signing up

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/isle-of-man-government-conference-2022-tickets-392361542937?aff=ebdsoporgprofile

Heres the conference structure if anyones interested.

https://www.gov.im/media/1377703/iomgovconf-programme0109.pdf

Be most interesting to learn if the key economic shifts the Island needs to make to ensure future prosperity the Chief Minister highlights will accord with the recommendations of the KPMG third report https://www.gov.im/media/1377116/our-big-picture-phase-3-report-final-public.pdf

47 minutes ago, english zloty said:

it needs to not cock up all the free land its being given first. the pace at the nurses home is glacial and much of the other big bang stuff seems to be getting bogged down in reality. Dead easy to be an extension of DFEs ideas division, completely different actually building stuff 

I'd really prefer that the Housing & Communities Board were doing this - MDC is a Cannan glamour project

Gef is now sending out FB event notifications. They’re clearly desperate to get any sort of participation at this stage (this one is after work too).

Hosted by Gef’s Sam Turton and Business 365’s Paul Speller, they’ll be looking backwards, forwards, upwards and downwards at the goings on in Manx politics since last year’s General Election.

Throughout the evening, they’ll be joined onstage by Chief Minister Alf Cannan, Cabinet Office Minister Kate Lord-Brennan and Treasury Minister Dr Alex Allinson.

17B31A42-5E3A-415E-A529-BFDAE815E3FC.jpeg

DC89AE2B-9423-4708-92F4-36527F2AEB3C.jpeg

Edited by offshoremanxman

2 hours ago, manxfisherman said:

Its all a bit last minute. 

Due to lack of numbers?

Speaking of gef, loveiom and loads of government money.  I notice that capital international seem to be featuring heavily in everything government related.  Prime slot at the conference and a green related steampacket article.  What's the link here?  Does buying all the loveiom cards grant special govt privileges?

8 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

I'd really prefer that the Housing & Communities Board were doing this - MDC is a Cannan glamour project

Having walked past today I note that instead of using industry accepted plywood they used chipboard on the shutters which has not too surprisingly blown out and is now rapidly failing. Tbh doesn’t instilled confidence for what might eventually happen inside. In loose terms expensive schoolboy error 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

Ply is a bit too dear for shuttering isn't it? OSB board seems to be the affordable thing nowadays

Exterior ply is cheap enough. You may note half of the shuttering is capped and in good condition. The other half isn’t and is in very poor condition already due to water ingress

On 9/16/2022 at 10:36 PM, english zloty said:

Having walked past today I note that instead of using industry accepted plywood they used chipboard on the shutters which has not too surprisingly blown out and is now rapidly failing. Tbh doesn’t instilled confidence for what might eventually happen inside. In loose terms expensive schoolboy error 

Possible poor quality but cheaper materials to tick the boxes and save money. It won’t matter anyway, as both IOMG and taxpayers controlled body will not do maintenance, like with other properties, so it’s highly likely to fall into disrepair if poor materials are used. I do hope that that the relevant standards apply to the MDC?