Vat

hissingsid

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

If Truss wins on Monday and she knocks  5% of VAT as she is promising, considering, may…..well until after Monday when she may rethink the suggestion will the Isle of Man Government have to follow suit as we are in an agreement regarding VAT ?   

I would say so with a 25% drop in our main source of income.

You forgot to say again, The man is a lemon. The besy cure for insomnia, I swear he was on the radio the other day and before I could get across the room to go out the door I was asleep. If I'm driving and he comes on the radio i have to turn it off as I will crash the car. The most droning monotone voice i have ever heard 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

You forgot to say again, The man is a lemon. The besy cure for insomnia, I swear he was on the radio the other day and before I could get across the room to go out the door I was asleep. If I'm driving and he comes on the radio i have to turn it off as I will crash the car. The most droning monotone voice i have ever heard 

You forgot Phil Gawne 🤣

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, hissingsid said:

If Truss wins on Monday and she knocks  5% of VAT as she is promising, considering, may…..well until after Monday when she may rethink the suggestion will the Isle of Man Government have to follow suit as we are in an agreement regarding VAT ?   

Yes.

There will not be the oh so smug radio interview with the "We have to increase the vat as we are tied by agreement". All the while rubbing there hands thinking what can we spunk the extra income on.

But not to worry he (Elinson) knows his way to the reserves. Till one day the cupboard will be bare.

Edited by Dirty Buggane

7 minutes ago, WTF said:

it will turn out to be 5% on a few specific items if it ever happens at all.

Last time they messed about with VAT rates it cost some businesses more in faffing about with systems and accounting than it ever generated in savings or additional profits, and most didn’t ever pass the saving onto the customer.

Waste of time