Hard times. We need id cards

Dirty Buggane

I get the frustration with border controls, but it's essential they do their job. Had a similar experience with my Isle of Man passport, and while it can be annoying, it's all about ensuring security. By the way, ever heard of fakeyourdrank.com? I just stumbled upon it; seems like a good place to make an ID, though.

Edited by Bubblere

33 minutes ago, Bubblere said:

I get the frustration with border controls, but it's essential they do their job. Had a similar experience with my Isle of Man passport, and while it can be annoying, it's all about ensuring security.

Haha you go believe that. The more you travel the more you realise visas and borders are bullshit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bubblere said:

I get the frustration with border controls, but it's essential they do their job. Had a similar experience with my Isle of Man passport, and while it can be annoying, it's all about ensuring security.

Manx border control at the sea terminal seems to be more about job creation/justification, particularly for outgoing security.

No cars or IDs were checked the last 4-5 times I travelled from Heysham which shows that the government have no interest in reducing the supply of drugs coming to the island through Heysham 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Manx border control at the sea terminal seems to be more about job creation/justification, particularly for outgoing security.

No cars or IDs were checked the last 4-5 times I travelled from Heysham which shows that the government have no interest in reducing the supply of drugs coming to the island through Heysham 

In all the 43+ years I have lived on the Island I have never been asked for ID at either end of a boat journey ("The Troubles" & CV periods excepted).

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 11:59 AM, Roger Mexico said:

It's not an id card for everyone.  Effectively what is needed is a card to a British standard that consolidates all the documentation that Manx residents who aren't British citizens have to carry around at the moment and that will be recognised in the same way the UK equivalent is.

https://xkcd.com/927/