Liz Truss

Max Power

Ding-dong, she’s gone.

However, should dishonourable Boris’s political tomfoolery make a comeback, the British government would look a lot like Silvio Berlusconi’s ‘political circus’.

I agree with @P.K. – “A Farewell to Calm” by John Crace is an illuminating (albeit already dated) read and that paints a vivid picture of how utterly moronic the Tories behaved throughout the pandemic. E.g., crediting Brexit with getting vaccines to the British public was an unscrupulous lie, worthy of the unscrupulous pillocks who were in charge of events of paramount importance to everyone – they had every opportunity to do what was best for the country, but instead they put themselves and the interests of their donors first. Only a complete revamp from top to bottom will salvage what is left of the UK’s international credibility, but this ‘salvage operation’ cannot be done by the Tory clowns who are “out of touch” and will soon be “out of power”. These Tories are too ravaged by scandals such as; the unused/ unsuitable PPE which costed the UK taxpayers serious amounts of wonga, Partygate, non-dom fiascos, groping assaults, etc, etc. Even Boris’s unwavering support for Ukraine, as commendable as that is, makes me think that there may be something murky and shadowy happening behind the scenes. After all, he installed a son of a Russian ex-KGB officer (and an appeaser of the Crimea’s annexation) to the House of Lords - allegedly disregarding the advice from the Spooks.

My immediate reservation about holding the GE is that I don’t want Labour to be lumbered with the unenviable task of rebuilding the UK from the sh1tshow the Tories have created. I would prefer it if the (next) Tory government is given sufficient time to disgrace and humiliate themselves even more. Unfortunately, the country will suffer some collateral damage, but I fear that the UK electorate will only truly give up on the Tories when it becomes painfully obvious that the current Tory party is unfit to govern.       

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Could BJ stick a few of his Tory colleagues into the Lords in the next couple of days? Perhaps one that support Sunak or Mordant? There was some talk of that the other day. Or is that a bit too conspiracist?

That ship has sailed. The resignation honours have been announced. However Liz gets a second bite. 

36 minutes ago, code99 said:

My immediate reservation about holding the GE is that I don’t want Labour to be lumbered with the unenviable task of rebuilding the UK from the sh1tshow the Tories have created. I would prefer it if the (next) Tory government is given sufficient time to disgrace and humiliate themselves even more. Unfortunately, the country will suffer some collateral damage, but I fear that the UK electorate will only truly give up on the Tories when it becomes painfully obvious that the current Tory party is unfit to govern.       

Unfortunately I can't think of anyone on Labour's front bench who is:

a) Credible or

b) Competent or

c) Got a clue!

This may be because their whole purpose in life seems to be to get into power, with no idea what they will do when they get there? Sadly I believe that they would be the end of Britain as we have known it.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

a) Credible or Sir Keir Starmer

b) Competent or Sir Keir Starmer

c) Got a clue! Sir Keir Starmer

This may be because their whole purpose in life seems to be to get into power, with no idea what they will do when they get there? Sadly I believe that they would be the end of Britain as we have known it. IMHO, no political party has ever been as incompetent and lacking in integrity as the current Tory party. 

Edited by code99
typo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

@code99Unfortunately Starmer hasn't got a good team around him, and he chose them. He seems too willing to toe the line and hasn't really been adequate in his opposition to the various failings of the Tories. 

I beg to disagree. E.g., Rachel Reeves enjoys huge respect in the City. And there are others like her.

14 minutes ago, Max Power said:

@code99Unfortunately Starmer hasn't got a good team around him, and he chose them. He seems too willing to toe the line and hasn't really been adequate in his opposition to the various failings of the Tories. 

The boss of Tesco would disagree with you there....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

2 minutes ago, code99 said:

I beg to disagree. E.g., Rachel Reeves enjoys huge respect in the City. And there are others like her.

28 minutes ago, Max Power said:

a) Credible or

b) Competent or

c) Got a clue!

This may be because their whole purpose in life seems to be to get into power, with no idea what they will do when they get there? Sadly I believe that they would be the end of Britain as we have known it.

But everyone of them ( Labour MP’s) is head and shoulders above the 357 Tory MP’s, in terms of credibility, competency, integrity, and being clued up.

Come on, the Tories chose Dave, Theresa, Boris and Liz. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

The earlier than usual Question Time tonight has been thoroughly enlightening and entertaining. It’s always the audience and non-politicians on the panel that make the most sense.

Surprising how many wanted a GE...

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Are those your words or The Telegraph's? Only its the same shite they've been parroting for at least the last 40 years! Just daft soundbites for people to cling on to. Do the Tories look like they have a coherent plan and a good idea of what to do with power? How's Britain faring?

• Like 1

Just now, HeliX said:

Are those your words or The Telegraph's? Only its the same shite they've been parroting for at least the last 40 years! Just daft soundbites for people to cling on to. Do the Tories look like they have a coherent plan and a good idea of what to do with power? How's Britain faring?

My words, don't read the Telegraph. 

You have to admit that there are some real melons in the Labour front bench, I only wish there was a strong Labour alternative, and I'm not a hardened Conservative by the way. They have certainly made a complete hash of things but I have more confidence that they do have the depth of talent to sort this out, or at least they stand a better chance than Labour. If only they would sort themselves out!