Liz Truss

Max Power

On 10/17/2022 at 4:20 PM, The Phantom said:

I'd like to see Ben Wallace step up to the line.  He's managed to keep his nose clean throughout this whole shambles (and through Boris's antics too).  But he seems to have already stated he's not interested as being PM would be too damaging to his family.  I suppose you've got to respect that too; but it is a real shame.  

Truss pledged to increase defence spending to 3% GDP.  Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. 

Hunt initially claimed that even this was subject to review and could be cut. 

Luckily Wallace threatened to quit if he does this, so it's off the table. 

There's a glimmer of consciousness still in No. 10.

25 minutes ago, quilp said:

Astonishing 😲

Screenshot_20221019-120220~2.png

I’m not denying some Union officials are highly paid. But I do question the reliability of your source. How many rail workers belong to the Communication Workers Union? And how many rail strikes has the CWU called?

I wouldn’t believe a word the Tax Payers Alliance published. Just like I wouldn’t trust a word their Manx namesake published. They’re an extreme right wing libertarian anti democratic think tank. Wonder how they calculate “income”; my suspicion is that it will include expenses for travel and accommodation, office expenses, etc. 

Bodies like the TPA exist for one thing, to increase the income of the wealthy at the expense of the poor. Freedom and equality is, to them, lower tax, no public services, private medicine, available to everyone - but only if you can afford.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What is the point of PMQs? I’ve just watched today’s bunfight which consisted mainly of questions alternating from each side of the house. Tory questions were along the lines of “do you agree my local rugby team is great” or “don’t you think it’s fantastic the Ghurkas won a race”. Labour questions were all “what’s the point in you” or “when are you calling an election”. Punch and Judy politics at its worst. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

This is how it started with Boris.

And look how well that's gone. 

I saw a poll earlier (not sure of accuracy) but it stated Boris was the most popular replacement with the Party at the moment. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

And look how well that's gone. 

I saw a poll earlier (not sure of accuracy) but it stated Boris was the most popular replacement with the Party at the moment. 

The Parliamentary Party won’t allow the Party any say next time around.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Max Power said:

I'm a bit concerned for Liz's mental state, she seems to be under fire from every direction. 

She's only got herself to blame. 

35 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I suspect, because her ambition doesn’t tie in with her ability, and she has no common sense,  that she probably told Truss to go. This is how it started with Boris.

Breaches of Ministerial code. Pushed or jumped then - doesn't really matter. Grant Shapps back in then. Can't get any worse then. 

Edited by Apple

46 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The paragraph about making mistakes, taking responsibility and resigning is really pointed.

6AFDA0A8-F3A1-4DFE-BA93-D8C26A24F093.jpeg

Suella Braverman is not stupid. This is, I would suggest, a deliberate, very minor infringement, to enable her to resign and make these points. 

Truss will be out by Christmas, as Keir Starmer quipped at PMQs. 

Where is Rishi Sunak?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wrighty said:

1. Suella Braverman is not stupid. This is, I would suggest, a deliberate, very minor infringement, to enable her to resign and make these points. 

2. Truss will be out by Christmas, as Keir Starmer quipped at PMQs. 

3. Where is Rishi Sunak?

1. But her ambition appears to exceed her intelligence and ability by a fair degree.

2. Probably, possibly before.

3. Keeping his head down and powder dry until his supporters negotiate the dream ticket deal, if he’s any sense.

Any sign of Cincinnatus laying down his plough share?