Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

17 hours ago, Gagster said:

Will this be something along the lines of Manx Radio Gold, a new oldies music radio station?

. . . .  or maybe another Manx Radio "Club"?    (We haven't had a new club for a few years.)

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 5:13 PM, Twitch said:

A reduction in the subvention?

And a poet unicorn for everyone!

Yes, it's a typo but I think it makes the point even better because it's even less likely but still more than anyone giving up their hard earned tax payers gift.

Edited by CallMeCurious

22 hours ago, Barlow said:

Manx Radio must not do too much to try and make any money because that will potentially eat into the subvention.

" While the definitions of "subsidy" and "subvention" are equivalent, the less common familiarity with "subvention" allows for usage of that word with less of a "discounted" connotation. "Subvention" can be utilized in a more technically obfuscating manner ..."

Call a spade a spade... the taxpayers are subsidising Manx Radio.

2 hours ago, La Colombe said:

The radio seems to be the only way to keep up with dynamic racing schedules and road closure information but fuck me. Christy Dehaven is hard work to listen to. 

I agree - I did used to quite like her on the radio but over the last couple of years she has developed a "giggly" style with lots of feign surprise and inane chattiness. It's worst when she is on with other people - e.g. in the mornings.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry Christy D, but I know this has been mentioned many times before, but you need to stop talking down to your listeners. It’s strange with the low audience figures for the time slot that this has not already been addressed.

I think the problem with Manx Radio presenters is there is very little churn rate and shows/DJs have not been refreshed. Remember this time slot was a noble attempt at speech radio when three woman did their best to entertain, in a Public Service woman’s hour way. Now it’s just mostly music - quite sad really.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2024 at 2:26 PM, Gagster said:

Will this be something along the lines of Manx Radio Gold, a new oldies music radio station?

As predicted…

Manx Radio Gold, a station playing “the greatest hits on earth”, is launching.

Live from July 1st, online and via smartspeaker. So not so much of a radio station, just a webstream.

• 1 month later...

Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward with information following a road traffic collision.

A silver Vauxhall or similar failed to stop at the scene after hitting a red Ford Fiesta.

The incident is reported to have happened on Lhergy Cripperty in Douglas at 1.50pm on Tuesday. (16 July)

Really?

• Haha 1