Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

• 1 year later...

Wint on Mannin Line declaring that the Isle of Man is miles away from burning down hotels like what they are doing in Ireland against immigration.

If only Winty knew (as he clearly does not) that one of his Manx Radio colleagues and former politician went to jail for a not dissimilar event. (Although if course, the Manx boyos got the wrong house and burnt down a house that was being built for a young Manx couple!!!!!)

• Like 3

Far too many employees, News Readers that are difficult to understand etc it just needs someone to manage the station who has experience in cutting costs and improving the service.    They are constantly trying to woo the young people with their rap and bang bang music when most of their listeners are middle aged to old aged they should play to their audience and the news is dire usually out of date and then they regurgitate it a couple of days after if it is a slow news day.   My cat could make a better job of it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barlow said:

Wint on Mannin Line declaring that the Isle of Man is miles away from burning down hotels like what they are doing in Ireland against immigration.

If only Winty knew (as he clearly does not) that one of his Manx Radio colleagues and former politician went to jail for a not dissimilar event. (Although if course, the Manx boyos got the wrong house and burnt down a house that was being built for a young Manx couple!!!!!)

what I cant understand is why Mannin line which is their most popular current affairs programme   get binned for 2 weeks  you would think with everyone at home  over the holidays  it would be good to continue the programme  between christmas and new year instead of all the bean can music that very few people listen to , 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

what I cant understand is why Mannin line which is their most popular current affairs programme   get binned for 2 weeks  you would think with everyone at home  over the holidays  it would be good to continue the programme  between christmas and new year instead of all the bean can music that very few people listen to , 

And whist we are talking about it why do they do these “special” Mannin Lines with school kids who have little life experience I’ve got nothing against them but because of their age their opinions are not yet fully informed. 

It’s a bit like having Crazy Dave on the programme 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

That stairlift advert that they have on MR where the old lady says I “was having trouble with using the stairs but I didn’t want to move out of my house” So her daughter points her in the direction of ( or takes her to) the chairlift  provider firm.

Am I just being  cynical or is the daughter scared stiff that otherwise her aged mum might move in with her?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tiley is the worst presenter ever. Stunning. Stunning. Stunning.  

oh hang on I forgot De Haven, why can’t she talk properly without inflection on every word and sentence. 

and Tiles on the dials and Christy D from 1 to 3.  Oh fuck off. 

having said that the alternative is just as dire

whats even worse is that I sometimes listen to this shit.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

That stairlift advert that they have on MR where the old lady says I “was having trouble with using the stairs but I didn’t want to move out of my house” So her daughter points her in the direction of ( or takes her to) the chairlift  provider firm.

Am I just being  cynical or is the daughter scared stiff that otherwise her aged mum might move in with her?

You are not being cynical. Manx Radio and their childish presenters are aiming at the kiddies and under 30s. So in other words, the daughter in the above scenario

Manx Radio cheesed off the majority of its listeners who were over 45, certainly the over 60s. The above old lady has re-discovered BBC Radio 4 and the fucking Archers etc.

So aye, put the fear of god into the younger generation and get them to buy the wheelchairs and commodes and that. 

Edited by Barlow

9 hours ago, Barlow said:

You are not being cynical. Manx Radio and their childish presenters are aiming at the kiddies and under 30s. So in other words, the daughter in the above scenario

Manx Radio fucked off the majority of its listeners who were over 45, certainly the over 60s. The above old lady has re-discovered BBC Radio 4 and the fucking Archers etc.

So aye, put the fear of god into the younger generation and get them to buy the wheelchairs and commodes and that. 

Hey you! Leave off The Archers. Best program on the radio, ever. :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And whist we are talking about it why do they do these “special” Mannin Lines with school kids who have little life experience I’ve got nothing against them but because of their age their opinions are not yet fully informed. 

It’s a bit like having Crazy Dave on the programme 

How do you know crazy Dave isn’t on the programme?

• Confused 1

Who still listens to local radio in a world where you have access to thousands of stations and can even skip songs now if one comes on the radio that you don’t like?

Local radio as we know it is in its last years and our stations need a major overhaul.

At least 3fm have taken a step with their new second station.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Who still listens to local radio in a world where you have access to thousands of stations and can even skip songs now if one comes on the radio that you don’t like?

Local radio as we know it is in its last years and our stations need a major overhaul.

At least 3fm have taken a step with their new second station.

I do. 

• Like 4

Fair play to Brindley he had Alf on the ropes the other week he’s a much better fit for the mannin line, than the Wint chap, who after shining Alfy shoes, making him coffee holding back his chair valet parking his car and telling him how fab he is, Winty then would have spent the rest of the programme filtering out any uncomfortable questions to give him a easy time. 

Edited by GreyWolf
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1