Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

About 1,100 posts in the four months you've been on here suggests quite a lot of time spent though.

Can you do a fascinating analysis of the number of words per post me vs you, then post some links to see how much time I spend here compared to you.

Everyone can then take a look at the length of your post, and decide to scroll past without reading.

Thanks

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

About 1,100 posts in the four months you've been on here suggests quite a lot of time spent though.

From personal experience, it doesn't really work like that, to be fair. I used to spend a lot more time in the office working than I do now. Often 70+ hours a week. Since the covid lockdowns, I probably don't do a third of that on average. Learned to delegate a lot more with advancing years. Back then though, I used to post a lot more. The time to do so would come in short intervals while waiting for calls and answers to emails from clients. The MF window would always be open on the pc from early morning among many other business matters that were being worked on, so it was an easy matter to open it over yet another coffee and add a post or three. In a way you are captive at your desk because you don't have the time to switch off from work and do something more meaningful. So you do this instead to fill the minutes. Doesn't mean it's the main activity of your day. It's fleeting, but the posts mount up over time. I am sure there must be other posters with a similar usage pattern.

Now that I take a lot more time for myself away from work, I don't post nearly as much.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nellie said:

Does anyone know who "Julian" is?

I won’t tell you his full name, don’t think that’s fair, he does live near Port Erin and is a complete bore. 
I think too Bonzo resides down south. 
We’ve got these two bozo’s. The rest of ya can have Courtney. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

Can you do a fascinating analysis of the number of words per post me vs you, then post some links to see how much time I spend here compared to you.

Everyone can then take a look at the length of your post, and decide to scroll past without reading.

Thanks

How many of your usernames are we including?

21 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I think the Mannin Line is pretty good most days but it doesn't really work when they have a guest in. All the time gets taken up in the studio, then it's three or four callers and done. 

It’s had it’s fair share of cranks over the years the latest being Julian, Juan and Bonzo the three arseman of the apocalypse. I’m not sure why that format is such a nutter magnet but it has been even back to the crackpot days of Marge Joughins daily ravings. 

16 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It’s had it’s fair share of cranks over the years the latest being Julian, Juan and Bonzo the three arseman of the apocalypse. I’m not sure why that format is such a nutter magnet but it has been even back to the crackpot days of Marge Joughins daily ravings. 

You’re definitely bonzo 😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

You’re definitely bonzo 😂

FC32B200-B0DE-4284-9780-22AD2099F97F.jpeg

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Interested enough to reply though…

0B5D72E7-51DA-428A-8EEF-E04AE396E7F0.jpeg