Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

2 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

No time to read that now but as expected half of those listening to local radio are 55 or over

...but you managed to read enough to back up 'your' argument about 'Old People' and their listening habits???

Jeeze!!!!

What age group are you Dave? Curious to know ? If you're 20 something and fear you will never own your own home, a common fear in that age group, then I could understand your rantings in these threads but I suspect you are not far off retirement yourself for the time you have to devote here (like me !!!).

You're a bit of a wind up merchant, even starting threads that you can 'rant' on and fair enough if that floats your boat but have you considered that what you are saying now about 'Old People',  is what your Kids are saying about you???

Wish you well.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

...but you managed to read enough to back up 'your' argument about 'Old People' and their listening habits???

Jeeze!!!!

What age group are you Dave? Curious to know ? If you're 20 something and fear you will never own your own home, a common fear in that age group, then I could understand your rantings in these threads but I suspect you are not far off retirement yourself for the time you have to devote here (like me !!!).

You're a bit of a wind up merchant, even starting threads that you can 'rant' on and fair enough if that floats your boat but have you considered that what you are saying now about 'Old People',  is what your Kids are saying about you???

Wish you well.

It’s a headline point, on something like the third page.  Took seconds to find.

It’s a fact.  Not sure what your issue is?

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

So as quoted above, it is what we all know, really old people listen to local Radio, which Radio station do you work for, so we can assess your bias?

Firstly I am sorry to disappoint but I do not work for any radio station nor have I ever had anything to do with radio in anyway . Secondly if you bothered to understand the data then 51% of respondents who listen to local radio are under the age of 54 so by that definition fewer older people listen than younger people !!!!

12 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

No one said 35-55 is 'really old' buit most local radio listeners are really old.

...but the survey shows that most listeners are 35 to infinity!!!

26 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Why would anyone want to get their 80's and be a burden to the rest of us?

What a despicable thing to say ! Society can genuinely benefit from the knowledge and experience of older people and they still have a lot to offer ! 

• Like 3

Anyway, this is becoming a bit of a @handbags at Dawn' situation!!!!

From the survey, how did they contain it to 'Local Radio'?, there were some 'none of the above' but not many to have selected BBC or online radio???

Did they reject  the 'other'  categories or was the survey survey only aimed at local radio listeners???

A fine survey but leaves the question unanswered as to the alternatives to local radio???

I know as we get close to Ramsey, Scottish and north west station intrude and in the west, Irish stations intrude!

Do we immediately switch these stations off??

1 hour ago, IOM said:

What a despicable thing to say ! Society can genuinely benefit from the knowledge and experience of older people and they still have a lot to offer ! 

Our society as we know it needs older people to maintain any sort of function because its younger members are all common-sense-devoid, entitled, work-shy, drug-using wasters.

Is that a broad enough brush that I've used there? 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Anyway, this is becoming a bit of a @handbags at Dawn' situation!!!!

From the survey, how did they contain it to 'Local Radio'?, there were some 'none of the above' but not many to have selected BBC or online radio???

Did they reject  the 'other'  categories or was the survey survey only aimed at local radio listeners???

A fine survey but leaves the question unanswered as to the alternatives to local radio???

I know as we get close to Ramsey, Scottish and north west station intrude and in the west, Irish stations intrude!

Do we immediately switch these stations off??

And you wonder why you get confused reactions?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Our society as we know it needs older people to maintain any sort of function because its younger members are all common-sense-devoid, entitled, work-shy, drug-using wasters.

Is that a broad enough brush that I've used there? 👍

Have you seen the updates on the mountain thread?

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Our society as we know it needs young people to maintain any sort of function because its older members are all common-sense-devoid, entitled, work-shy, drug-using wasters.👍

18 hours ago, Kopek said:

Jeeze!!!!

Wish you well.

I find this constant reference to  ageism irritating and disrespectful.  Kopek is right to call you and one or two others to task on this subject.

I actually think you sometimes reply to post with fair observations.

Just because a person has hit a certain age doesn't mean they have no value to add to a discussion..

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

I have never suggested that, but the brains trust on Manx Forums can't seem to arrive at any other solution to the problem of old people.

I think your posts are extremely disrespectful. Old people are not a problem in any way as I said earlier they have a lot to offer society. And to be clear I am many years away from retirement age myself ! 

• Like 5