Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

On 12/22/2023 at 8:53 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

That stairlift advert that they have on MR where the old lady says I “was having trouble with using the stairs but I didn’t want to move out of my house” So her daughter points her in the direction of ( or takes her to) the chairlift  provider firm.

Am I just being  cynical or is the daughter scared stiff that otherwise her aged mum might move in with her?

Is this also the same daughter that carts her dad, suffering from dementia,  off to Mann Benham, to make sure she doesn’t miss out on her inheritance ?

Badd Menham

(Flymaybe, Shopshite, Steam Racket - I got 'em all me. Always centre of attraction at office parties and that)

Edited by Barlow

On 12/22/2023 at 8:53 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

That stairlift advert that they have on MR where the old lady says I “was having trouble with using the stairs but I didn’t want to move out of my house” So her daughter points her in the direction of ( or takes her to) the chairlift  provider firm.

Am I just being  cynical or is the daughter scared stiff that otherwise her aged mum might move in with her?

A family recently moved into my neighbourhood with three generations of them.  It's obviously is working for them.  However, when l get to that pinnacle moment, there is no way l will move in with either of my kids;  my grandchildren are  great, their parents, a big fat No! I've noticed they seem to offer their opinion a bit to often these days, and l'm not even at that stage yet!  Can you imagine?  :D

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kopek said:

So he didn't get  English grammar then~~?  Still that's not a problem on MF.........Apparently!!!

Below quote from you on the Tesco thread, just because I thought it was funny.

"Despite JWs expllantion of Tesco standrdisation

10 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Hilarious though, all of you 🙄.  I would be pretty confident I am better educated and qualified than any of those quoted above by quite a margin

I've worked with a few people in the past who like to tell you how well qualified they are or how good they are at their job. The one thing they all had in common is that that were extraordinarily thick and crap at their job.

The best people I've worked with would never boast how well qualified they are or how good they are, simply because they don't need to.

As for boasting about qualifications which probably don't even exist.........

#fantasydave

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I've worked with a few people in the past who like to tell you how well qualified they are or how good they are at their job. The one thing they all had in common is that that were extraordinarily thick and crap at their job.

The best people I've worked with would never boast how well qualified they are or how good they are, simply because they don't need to.

As for boasting about qualifications which probably don't even exist.........

#fantasydave

I have never boasted about my qualifications.  I am confident I have never mentioned them on here.

Responding to people who don't know you suggesting you failed your GCSE's, by pointing out the fact that you didn't isn't really boasting at all.  It's just correcting some idiots.

If you were better educated you would know that and understand the subtle differences.

#cueylives

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

I have never boasted about my qualifications.  I am confident I have never mentioned them on here.

Responding to people who don't know you suggesting you failed your GCSE's, by pointing out the fact that you didn't isn't really boasting at all.  It's just correcting some idiots.

If you were better educated you would know that and understand the subtle differences.

#cueylives

Even you can't fantasize about something you don't have...:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...