Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

39 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Alex it not going to work, Nothing is going to make you sound intelligent, even the sound of silence.

Actually, he does challenge and bring some scrutiny to comments  whether they are callers or studio guests.

Beth also does a really good job and is insistent.

Always a breath of fresh air when either is hosting Mannin Line. 

On the plus side though, PG does not recite some Manx folklore or poetry or sing a homely Manx ballad on ML. 

23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Actually, he does challenge and bring some scrutiny to comments  whether they are callers or studio guests.

Beth also does a really good job and is insistent.

Always a breath of fresh air when either is hosting Mannin Line. 

On the plus side though, PG does not recite some Manx folklore or poetry or sing a homely Manx ballad on ML. 

I think Beth started good, but it didn't last. Alex seems to take the show as what it is,  freak side show entertainment, not worthy of being serious, and he is right too. The callers are experts in everything apart from what the phone in about.

2 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

He needs practice at pressing the buttons.

He needs practice at f@cking off out of the public arena. For good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

But still exist😁

Well there’s plenty of things that were new at the time which aren’t new any more but still exist.

Anyway let’s not get into this sort of pedantic stuff. Let’s leave it at that, there’s enough  of that on here.

There’s a lot more to be concerned about 

😁

5 hours ago, littlebushy said:

And he makes Andy Wint sound like Paxman.

You do realise that Andy Wint is so enamoured with himself he will see that as a total compliment. He likes to twist words too so  "someone on Manx Forums think I am better than Paxman"

I haven’t listened to ML for a while now but caught the beginning today which was genius, it was like a tenth rate Tony Hancock sketch with the accent as a bonus .   I have forgotten my glasses so will the people who are going to text do it in capitals 🤣 then Malcolm came on praising the Manxman  Phil thanked him and then apologised for his fruity language ,his words not mine, then someone else came on and said Malcolm was taking the Mick.  Phil told the listeners again he had forgotten his glasses then Howard came on rambling about not a lot.   Unfortunately I had to go out but I am guessing Quirky was waiting in the wings to make a guest appearance. And someone congratulated Phil on his wonderful Manx accent…..pure comedy gold.   I know I am easily amused but if you didn’t laugh you would cry.